Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why are they doing this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My housemates are making me feel really sad. Most of the time when I speak recently I am wrong and they will go to any lengths to make a point of this which leaves me feeling frustrated so I just give up on my point. Just now I was sitting with them (one of them is my best friend and the other I am sort of seeing which makes it worse) and they did it again.

My best friend keeps making mean jokes which used to be our thing but now he does it all of the time and wont stop doing it. I have started to get a little upset by it and I know he knows this but he still wont stop doing it. He keeps agreeing with my other best mate even if he doesnt agree with him really (just to disagree with me).

So when they were mean to me I just walked away and came upstairs to be on my own and I went down to get something from the fridge. One of the other housemates that werent envolved opened the door to where they all were and I heard them laughing and saying 'you wouldnt belive what I was saying to make her upset' like making out im a big joke. While the guy who opened the door was saying 'shh shes right here' Which made me really worried.

Im trying not to be too sensitive (for a while now) and just laugh it off but now I dont know what to do. I feel like they were all talking about me and I am really lonely. I have moved to a place where I dont know anyone but the boys in this house and feel really lonely. I am sad that the guy I am seeing was joining in with them and not giving a fuck about me at all. Should I talk to them or would it make it look like im making an issue? I feel like I want to cry at the moment :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well...

Well no one posted here so whoever is in charge of the boards could delete this post? I dont need it anymore. I handled the situation badly but I think I handled it now anyway.
    I've only just read this patience, I'd be happy to listen if you do want a chat - I know how awful it can be to live with hostile housemates
    patience wrote: »
    Well no one posted here so whoever is in charge of the boards could delete this post? I dont need it anymore. I handled the situation badly but I think I handled it now anyway.

Give people chance to reply.
    how did you handle it?
    hi patience, sorry to hear what your going through. how the situation turn out?

i would be happy to offer advice as i have been there myslef as im sure many of us have.