Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Surprising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having lost 17 kilos so far this year (oral thrush) i thought i'd keep up the good work so have been checking out calories and stuff and it's quite surprising sometimes.

I had a veggie cheese burger yesterday and the cheese, burger, lettuce, onoin and burger relsih was LESS than the bun !

There's more calories in 3 Quorn nuggets than one of Linda's farmhouse pies.

Peas have twice the calories of green beans, though peas have a fair ammount of sugar i think.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yup :yes:

most bread is really high in calories as its full of carbohydrates. i don't eat bread often for this reason :lol: if i do, i have slices from those baby half loaves you can buy and i always make sure i buy wholemeal (good carbs!). the slices have about 60 calories in instead of a whopping 100-120!!!

it does shock me how many calories are in certain fruits/veggies but i just remind myself that they are good calories :) 100 calories coming from some sugar filled fruit/veg is much better than 100 calories coming from some sweets.

i am guilty for looking at nutritional content labels alot and it really does shock me how many calories are in certain foods. at the same time though, sometimes it shocks me how little calories are in other foods. like, today, i had a dairylea light triangle and it shocked me that despite being cheesy, it only had 27 calories in it! it made my day, haha :D
    I never look at calories or what's in food really- although I like the traffic light thing on the front of packets. Have heard people comparing foods and it can be surprising!
    While low fat versions of certain products do often have far less fat in, its suprising how much fat and other bad stuff is in these healthy/light options still. I often finding it misleading.
This discussion has been closed.