Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone know a good site for summer jobs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm currently at university and want a job near home over the summer for like 3 months. Does anyone know of any good sites which has jobs? cause I've looked on loads of sites through google && all of them are rubish basically.
I know its hard cause of the credit crunch stuff but I really want one

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi playdead,

Geneve makes a good point about internships, but these are often unpaid so perhaps you need to consider what your priority for the summer is: making money or getting experience.

TheSite has some interesting articles about part-time and summer work:

Creative summer jobs

Part-time jobs

Also, why not take a look at the Job hunting section on Lifetracks.com. You can use the job finder from directgov on every page. It’s a very quick and easy search tool to help you find jobs in your local area :)

Good luck!
    Laura
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    The best thing you can do is a summer internship with a company you are looking to work for on completion of your degree. Often if you do well during the summer program, they fund you throughout the remainder of your degree.

Do these pay, usually? In my experience most internships are unpaid. Which is the biggest load of bollocks ever and really ought to be illegal. But that's just a little bee that's been living in my bonnet for a while now.

Playdead - have you tried temping agencies - Adecco, Office Angels, Brook Street, all the usual high street recruitment agencies?
  • Options
    Contact some construction agencies. They usually have work going if you dont mind carrying concrete about all day.
  • Options
    local businesses are the sort for summer jobs so i think u'd be better looking closer to home than on the net. i would check the net though as well, u never kno. the charity shops are probably a good bet, i dunno if u get paid for short term, i think u do.
  • Options
    i've tried both
    i've been looking in all shop windows, ringing all the shops/pubs etc. near me and everyones like no ring back in autum or somthing && i'll be going back to university near then :/ ahhhh i need money so bad its not even funny im in so much debt and my mum dont know so need to pay it off :/