Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

birth control shots and the pull out method

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused: :nervous: I'm on birth control shots have already had 4 and was wondering. My boyfriend and I have recently had sex using the pull out method. I know there is a possibility of still gettin pregnant but I'm on the shot and use the pull out method what do you think are the chances I'll still get pregnant? I've only done it once we used condoms till I discovered how good it felt. Now I'm not so sure I wanna use them again I need advice. I'm terrified of gettin pregnant.:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Depo, if taken correctly, is 97-99% effective after the first 24 hours. The likleyhood of you being pregnant is quite slim. Many women use only one form of birth control. However, if it causes you this much stress and anxiety, a second form of contraception may be worth considering.

http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/
  • Options
    Shot, is pretty effective. If you are worried about your contraception method, I recommend you go and have a chat with the person administering your shot, they should be able to either put your mind at rest over the efficacy or give you instructions on further measures you can take.
  • Options
    this might not really be irrelevant to your question but i have been having sex constantly for 6 months, almost 5 out 7 days a week and we have never used a condom and he has always came inside me and i have never had the pill or any sort of birth control, is it weird that i am not pregnant, not that we are trying ? but it does make me question whether am fertile or not :confused: ?????
  • Options
    remorria wrote: »
    this might not really be irrelevant to your question but i have been having sex constantly for 6 months, almost 5 out 7 days a week and we have never used a condom and he has always came inside me and i have never had the pill or any sort of birth control, is it weird that i am not pregnant, not that we are trying ? but it does make me question whether am fertile or not :confused: ?????

You are not trying but still take the risk? :crazyeyes

Its not unheard of, but very unusual.
  • Options
    it wouldnt bother me if i was i just think its a bit strange, do you not? and we've both been tested for sti's and both clean just incase that was questioned
  • Options
    Or maybe he's firing blanks.
  • Options
    its totally normal for it to take months and months to get pregnant
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    remorria wrote: »
    is it weird that i am not pregnant, not that we are trying ?
    (quoted from somewhere)
    If you're regularly having sex with no contraception you are actively trying.