Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

insert witty comment about my love life here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all
sorry i havn't been posting in awhile, been in hospital (nothing major, dislocated my shoulder and hairline fracture in the lower arm, or wrist, wasn't really sure what they meant but i'm in a cast for at least 6 weeks...fml) and with exams coming up i've been revising alot

anyway, so yeah, i decided to take a break from the rat run of relationships, even if i did like someone i would just move on and keep myself busy with mates and all that

So recently i got a facebook add from a friend of a friend, she's really atractive and i wouldn't say no so i sent her a message saying do i know and the response is basically saying she's seen me round college and that she thinks i'm hot, i'm flattered as you would be

So i've sent a message back saying thanks, i'm not werided out and she's very very attractive back, but other than that i'm not really sure where to go from here! I'm not to bothered about it but i wouldn't mind getting to know her and see where it goes from there, any advice??

Comments

• Options
    Play the long game. That way you can still be happy being sorta single, but wont be too bothered if they "grab her while you can chance" slips away. Though the long game could turn into something stable and nice, if it doesnt, god loves a trier.

ps Im not advocating being a player :P
  • Options
    She made the first move, you should make the second. Invite her out for a drink, after the exams if that's easier, but invite her out all the same
  • Options
    Invite her out for a drink. With your wrist out of action you're running out of options ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Invite her out for a drink. With your wrist out of action you're running out of options ;)

LOL i was going to write that
  • Options
    lol, thats cheered me up a fair bit about my wrist, luckly left arm it happened to so i can still write and some other stuff (i mean play table tennis)

So yeah, i'm 18 and she's still 17 so i'm not really sure what we can do together, any ideas??
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Hey all
    sorry i havn't been posting in awhile, been in hospital (nothing major, dislocated my shoulder and hairline fracture in the lower arm, or wrist, wasn't really sure what they meant but i'm in a cast for at least 6 weeks...fml) and with exams coming up i've been revising alot

anyway, so yeah, i decided to take a break from the rat run of relationships, even if i did like someone i would just move on and keep myself busy with mates and all that

So recently i got a facebook add from a friend of a friend, she's really atractive and i wouldn't say no so i sent her a message saying do i know and the response is basically saying she's seen me round college and that she thinks i'm hot, i'm flattered as you would be

So i've sent a message back saying thanks, i'm not werided out and she's very very attractive back, but other than that i'm not really sure where to go from here! I'm not to bothered about it but i wouldn't mind getting to know her and see where it goes from there, any advice??

Well, just keep it up your attitude and do it exactly like one would assume by reading this post: Oh well, would be nice getting to know her, let's see where this goes. Not bothering with the relationship rat race.

Not only is it much more comfortable for you, the rate of success is usually bigger.

Don't do anything you would need advice for. Just casually hang out and let's see where this leads you. She basically went into offensive mode by telling you you are hot, and now check where things lead you.

Don't adjust or alter yourself for an approaching opportunity, just act as if it wouldn't matter at all if you get with her or not, because with this indifference you are bound not to get hurt so much and indifference is sexy.