Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just what I need!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been suspended with full pay until further notice just before 5pm today.

Between 1pm and 3pm, I had run out of something and I was walking round trying to find a replacement. I couldn't find one. Got back to where I was working and one of the bosses and the factory floor supervisor were both looking at me. My supervisor came up to me to see what was wrong and I said "I was looking for a roll for a date-gun". They then walked away.

I was then called to the office and they gave me a non-official warning.

Then at around 4:45 my boss was watching me putting some things into boxes. Then he went away and came back with my supervisor. I was still putting things into boxes. My supervisor then walked quickly towards me and told me to stop what I was doing and come to her office. She asked me why I was slamming about WHEN I WASN'T !!!!!!

I was then given suspension with full pay until further notice.

I have been given warnings in the past and I think this will be the end of my working there now.

I'm suppose to be going away on holiday next week and I don't know if I should go or not. Should I look for a job instead?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I were suspended then I would want to know exactly why and what would happen next. Surely there is more to this than what you have said, what exactly did they say to you? It obviously isn't good that you have previous warnings but they must give you the opportunity to explain your actions, they can't just sack you without justified reason so you might be allowed to return to work, you really need to ask your boss.
    There isn't anything else to say about it. I' not going to ask my supervisor!!!

I am going to recieve a letter sometime and there will be a meeting about it.
    Were you wondering around from 1 till 3 or just at some stage during that time?
    katralla wrote: »
    Were you wondering around from 1 till 3 or just at some stage during that time?

Exactly what I was thinking, it's not good if you were absent from your workbench or whatever for two hours, but if you were only gone a short while then I can't see why it would be such a problem, although in your line of work I would assume that you should inform the line leader or floor supervisor or whoever of where you are going.
    We don't need to 'inform the flor supervisor' of where we are going!!!! He was somewhere else anyway!!!!!!!!! So I just went to look for a replacement...

I can tell you that, that place is a joke!!!! And its getting even a bigger joke!!!!!
    although its never good to be let go or whatever, you've said for ages that you hate that job so maybe if you do get let go it'll be a blessing in disguise and you can start applying for lots of new jobs.
    If there honestly isnt more than you are letting on, then I wouldnt want to work in a place like that anyway.

Id find out exactly what the fuss is about, and remember you are usually allowed a witness at any proceedings/meetings you attend.

At least you were suspended with full pay rather than no pay. Im not saying its a good situation, but its better than nothing.
    although its never good to be let go or whatever, you've said for ages that you hate that job so maybe if you do get let go it'll be a blessing in disguise and you can start applying for lots of new jobs.

Yeah thats true.

BUT <<< Big but!!! there are hardly any jobs around!! I have found one. Wage is better. But is using components to make vehicle headlights!! ANNNDDD is working in the same shitty town again!!
    Is the area you work in such a big deal?

I work in the arse end of absolutely nowhere, the nearest entertainment other than pubs is about 8 miles away. Theres pretty much a tescos, a couple of takeaways, a military surplus shop, a hairdressers, and thats it.

Its like a ghost town on weekends.

Yet I have a decent job during the week, and it pays well :)
    I guess not but I am fed up driving to the same town 5 days a week.

geneve
    I would if I could, but I would need to find a place to stay and find a job.

There are always a few jobs which I could do whenever I go on holiday to Scotland. But of course, there is no way that I'm going to 'follow my dream' of moving up there.
    Back to my starter thread.....Should I look for a new job?
    geneve wrote: »
    Why can't you find a place to stay and a new job?

Cus I need to save more money. I'd rather buy a house instead of renting somewhere or looking for room mates
    Its either save money or move town. If its that bad, move, if not, save your money.
    Back to my starter thread.....Should I look for a new job?

??
    I wrote a letter of apology yesterday and took it in. Also told someone that supervisor grabbed my arm.

Just waiting for a date and time for a meeting now.
    I wrote a letter of apology yesterday and took it in. Also told someone that supervisor grabbed my arm.

Just waiting for a date and time for a meeting now.

that could be a bad move, what have you got to apologise for? in your own words you did nothing wrong.
    i meant i apologized if i did anything wrong.
    i meant i apologized if i did anything wrong.

I'm sorry but if I was your employer, I wouldn't accept it, how can you apologise for doing something wrong when you do not even know what you did wrong, It's just not sincere. but hohum... good luck!
    If you have written a letter of apology, saying whatever etc, then they can take that as an admittance of guilt, where as previously they might not have had the evidence to do anything about it properly. You were suspending so they could investigate it.

Did you mention in the thread at a an earlier point that they grabbed your arm? If they didnt and you are making it up, I wouldnt want you to work for me.
    G wrote: »
    If you have written a letter of apology, saying whatever etc, then they can take that as an admittance of guilt, where as previously they might not have had the evidence to do anything about it properly. You were suspending so they could investigate it.

Did you mention in the thread at a an earlier point that they grabbed your arm? If they didnt and you are making it up, I wouldnt want you to work for me.

Why would I want to lie about that!! Jesuz I'm not lying about that!!!!
    You didnt mention anything about it in the first post.

Think of how it looks, you write an open letter of apology, apologising for something which you dont actually know what you did wrong, and then make this accusation to.

Looks like you are only making it because of what has happened, you should have made the complaint without making the letter of apology.
    TBH I don't give a shit about the job!!!!
    As I have a hearing on tuesday, whatever the outcome, would it be wise to look for a job or not?
    As I have a hearing on tuesday, whatever the outcome, would it be wise to look for a job or not?

You can look for jobs and if you are sucessful, you can always say no if it turns out you are in the clear.
    G wrote: »
    You can look for jobs and if you are sucessful, you can always say no if it turns out you are in the clear.

I could say "no". But I have been looking for a new job for ages and I want to get out out because I've had enough with the job.
    Then, look for a job.
    The only issue is whether this is a good time for your employers to be being contacted for references - and that Usually only happens after you've been offered a job.
    Then, look for a job.

I have been doing for 2 years!!!

Big Gay wrote: »
    The only issue is whether this is a good time for your employers to be being contacted for references - and that Usually only happens after you've been offered a job.

Yeah that's true!!

You asked, don't get narky when you get an answer.
    You asked, don't get narky when you get an answer.

I'm not