Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

streaming / wireless cctv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello
i have very basic knowledge of streaming media through real, shoutcast or windows media encoder (expression).

can i hook up a signal from cctv cameras, encode it and stream it somewhere closed on the internet. it's the sort of thing i would enjoy buying the parts for and having a go, but all i need to know is if it would probably work or not.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hello
    i have very basic knowledge of streaming media through real, shoutcast or windows media encoder (expression).

can i hook up a signal from cctv cameras, encode it and stream it somewhere closed on the internet. it's the sort of thing i would enjoy buying the parts for and having a go, but all i need to know is if it would probably work or not.

Sure, they're called Wireless IP Cameras with remote access set up, we use them at work however with it on the net means it is not CLOSED,
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Frankly given the response from the OP I'm just gonna to delete a few posts and close this thread - we'll take it up on private messages.
This discussion has been closed.