Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A sobering thought...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
...for all of you lucky enough to pass your driving test:-

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/835573/
Hi guys just received this via email, not sure how old it is but thought I'd post it up to remind people of the dangers of using a mobile whilst driving :L

(EMAIL)

[color:blue]I thought this was important enough to share !!!!
[/color]
[color:green]Sometimes only a picture can get our attention![/color]

Her last call was from a new mobile phone...

Do you see the motorcycle?

1274131987-1.JPG

Now do you see it?

1274132002-2.JPG

1274132015-3.JPG

1274132022-4.JPG

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.
The VW driver was talking on a mobile phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the Motorcycle.
The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.
The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at The Motorcycle Fair (USA) by the Police and Road Safety Department..

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners AND ESPECIALLY EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A MOBILE PHONE!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Save a life :)

Stop talking on Mobile phones and Texting while trying to drive.

The life you save may be your own..... Or mine...

It's so easy to get into the habit of looking for cars on the road. That's a really, really bad thing to start doing. Yep, some bikers are hooligans, some do stupid speeds at wholly inappropriate times and places - but many are actually very well trained and have a far deeper understanding of the road than the majority of car drivers.

I you don't spot the bike going too fast, it could well be the last thing you didn't see.

Be alert. Be safe. :thumb:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments