Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Turning down a job?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't you say this wasn't full time?

Surely the best option would be to keep with it as its better than nothing, and spend the rest of your time looking for something better?
    Didn't you say this wasn't full time?

Surely the best option would be to keep with it as its better than nothing, and spend the rest of your time looking for something better?

The new job isn't full time no, it's supposed to be 10-2, but so far every day when it comes round to 2 o clock he tells me to stay until 6 :/. Some of the other guys stay there until 10/11 at night though. They kinda like it I think - they get on and are all mates, they go and get a mcdonalds around dinner time, that kind of thing.

But I was definitely annoyed that I'd worked the extra hours at the drop of a hat and now the boss doesn't want to pay me because I'm not as fast as the others - what do you expect of a new employee (he admitted this himself that it takes practice to get fast).

The reason I'm thinking of quitting now is he's kinda taking the piss, 8 hours with no breaks when I'm going in expecting and making plans to be out at 2pm, and only getting paid for 4 hours, isn't the worst set up in the world but neither is it the best!
    Surprise surprise he doesn't want to pay me.
    If he is still registering to pay tax and insurance, can't you sue him for under paying you and not at all? Still all legal and above board on your behalf?
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    If he is still registering to pay tax and insurance, can't you sue him for under paying you and not at all? Still all legal and above board on your behalf?

Well, I knew he was a bit dodgy before, I worked two days and then he was starting to take the piss saying he wouldnt pay me hours I'd worked as I was 'slow', a few personal insults (just his personality I guess, but still.. unprofessional) and I just said I didn't want to go back, and would like to be paid for the two days work I had done (@ min wage) which would come to £87.

He basically said no as I didn't finish the training period. :/
    That sucks. He sounds like a cunt. I'd report him to whoever you are meant to report this type of person to.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    That sucks. He sounds like a cunt. I'd report him to whoever you are meant to report this type of person to.

I agree. And, if he's advertising through the jobcentre, I would let them know too.
    Hit him where it hurts. His ego.