Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seriously Fulham (Pt. II)

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Fulham 2 - 1 Hamburg (Agg: 2 - 1)

Wow, another incredible night at the Cottage (I was there again).

I thought the Juventus game was electric. This was a whole world more intense. Dixon Etuhu and John Pantsil had the games of their lives.

Fulham have made the final of the Europa League, in a campaign that started in July, yes, JULY last year. No Johnny-come-lately Scousers here. This was borne out of nothing but hard graft, rather than ineptitude in another competition.

Never mind Roy Hodgson for Manager of the Year (that's a given), if his name appears on the ballot sheet next week, he'll be getting my vote.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thorougly, thoroughly deserve it. Hope they win it. Speaks volumes that a team at 12th in the Premiership can reach the final of the second tier European competition.

Glad the scouse went out too. Knocked out of Europe twice in a season - ouch! :o

Forlan he's from Uruguay, he makes the scousers cry :D
  • Options
    Big up Fulham for their performance in the UEFA cup. I really hope they can win it, they fucking deserve it. Jeez I remember watching Zamora play for Brighton. Those were the days!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Jeez I remember watching Zamora play for Brighton.

One of my teachers ALWAYS talks about Bobby Zamora.

Aww you gotta feel sorry for liverpool :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    This is rather painful for me but .........
    Well done Fulham, a deserved win if ever there was one .
  • Options
    I wonder what odds you would have got at the beginning of the season for Fulham to have been the only team left in a European competition at the beginning of May...
  • Options
    Aww you gotta feel sorry for liverpool

Not now, not ever. Laughed my arse off.

Chuffed for Fulham and be cheering them on against Madrid in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Well done Fulham.
  • Options
    Soooo are we all ready to celerbrate Chelsea winning the League this weekend :yippe:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Soooo are we all ready to celerbrate Chelsea winning the League this weekend :yippe:

Ive been celebrating a while, ie newcastle being premierleague again :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Ive been celebrating a while, ie newcastle being premierleague again :)

Another season of wildly unrealistic expectations and sense of entitlement :)
  • Options
    Unlucky, Fulham.
  • Options
    I'm distraught. :(

Oh well, we fought like absolute warriors, did ourselves proud and after a season and a half's worth of games, have come withing an ace of the cup. A fantastic achievement. Well done to Atletico, bad luck Fulham.
  • Options
    I'm distraught. :(

Oh well, we fought like absolute warriors, did ourselves proud and after a season and a half's worth of games, have come withing an ace of the cup. A fantastic achievement. Well done to Atletico, bad luck Fulham.

Oh dear, still its taking part that counts after all :rolleyes:

At least there is a proper cup to win on Saturday for your more succesful neighbours, i trust you will be cheering the mighty Chelsea on as they go for the double :thumb:
  • Options

At least there is a proper cup to win on Saturday for your more succesful neighbours, i trust you will be cheering the mighty Chelsea on as they go for the double :thumb:

Not with arrogance like that we won't...

And people wonder why everyone dislikes Chavski fans so much...
  • Options
    Not with arrogance like that we won't...

And people wonder why everyone dislikes Chavski fans so much...

Confidence not arrogance :grump:
  • Options
    Whatever, how did you do in Europe this year?

Despite being a Southampton boy, I hope for the sake of your dignity that Pompey give you a fucking hiding on Saturday.
  • Options
    Whatever, how did you do in Europe this year?

Well the same as the year before, knocked out by cheating opposition and bent officals
  • Options
    Care for some cheese with that whine?
  • Options
    Care for some cheese with that whine?

:D Thats very funny !

Will i see you at the Victory parade on Sunday then?
  • Options
    :D Thats very funny !

Will i see you at the Victory parade on Sunday then?

Again with the fucking arrogance... have some humility and people might actually start to like Chelsea as opposed to thinking you're just a bunch of fucking troglodyte knuckle-dragging arrogant thug scum.

Right, I'm off to drink myself into a stupor and slit my wrists. Malditos colchoneros de puta madre...
  • Options
    Good effort lads.
  • Options

Could you act like anymore of a cunt?

Well done Fulham.
  • Options
    Again with the fucking arrogance... have some humility and people might actually start to like Chelsea as opposed to thinking you're just a bunch of fucking troglodyte knuckle-dragging arrogant thug scum.

Right, I'm off to drink myself into a stupor and slit my wrists. Malditos colchoneros de puta madre...

How is mentionong the victory parade being arrogant ?

Every club that has success in this country is hated, don't ask me why i guess its human nature.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Could you act like anymore of a cunt?

Well yes i could start calling people names !

Fulham are my teams closest neighbours, its natural that i would want to take the piss, its no diffrent to the rivalry between any other neighbouring clubs, do you think Everton would have been cheering on Liverpool if they had made it to the final.

Sarcasm is a form of humour i am sorry if that has been lost on you !

I certainly did not have any malice in mind when i made what i considerd to be light hearted comments.

Still feel free to insult me if it makes you feel good, i have been called a lot worse and have very thick skin.
  • Options
    Well yes i could start calling people names !

Fulham are my teams closest neighbours, its natural that i would want to take the piss, its no diffrent to the rivalry between any other neighbouring clubs, do you think Everton would have been cheering on Liverpool if they had made it to the final.

I think some people are bigoted twats, I wouldn't expect them to cheer them on, but I wouldn't expect them to insult them, I mean there is one thing not to cheer them on, but there is no need to be insulting, it is one step closer to football hooliganism. The first thing I did after the end of the premiership, I phoned my brother-in-law who is a chelsea fan and congratulated them playing a good season! I didn't insult him nor make "jokes" bout them at any point.

Sarcasm is a form of humour i am sorry if that has been lost on you !

your comments could barely be interpreted as sarcastic, I am not the only one who thought they're more insulting than sarcastic.
    I certainly did not have any malice in mind when i made what i considerd to be light hearted comments.

Could've fooled me, seems like you were taking the piss.
    Still feel free to insult me if it makes you feel good, i have been called a lot worse and have very thick skin.

Actually I never "technically" called you one, I said you were acting like one, which if being pedantic does have a clear difference ;)

Maybe it is me, I live in an area with one of the worlds biggest football rivalries and it makes me sick how some people act,
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I think some people are bigoted twats, I wouldn't expect them to cheer them on, but I wouldn't expect them to insult them, I mean there is one thing not to cheer them on, but there is no need to be insulting, it is one step closer to football hooliganism. The first thing I did after the end of the premiership, I phoned my brother-in-law who is a chelsea fan and congratulated them playing a good season! I didn't insult him nor make "jokes" bout them at any point.

your comments could barely be interpreted as sarcastic, I am not the only one who thought they're more insulting than sarcastic.

Could've fooled me, seems like you were taking the piss.

Actually I never "technically" called you one, I said you were acting like one, which if being pedantic does have a clear difference ;)

Maybe it is me, I live in an area with one of the worlds biggest football rivalries and it makes me sick how some people act,

Yes but Chelsea won something, and still they get knocked from every quarter, because thats part of the ups and downs of following a team.

Comments were not meant to to be insulting just banter, perhape a little to familiar in tone for strangers on a forum, i apoligise if they were insulting.

Yes i was taking the piss thats how sarcasm works

Technically you called me a c###

No offence or insults were meant by any of the comments about Fulham
    it was just light hearted banter if it came across otherwise i am sorry.
    I am putting on my hair shirt and beating myself right now.
  • Options
    I find it so funny how people always seem to get the angriest when talking about football. :D
  • Options
    If people dont mean offense by anything they say, then they shouldnt say things which could be taken as offensive even in the slightest.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    If people dont mean offense by anything they say, then they shouldnt say things which could be taken as offensive even in the slightest.

Yeah, and how is life in Utopia - enjoyable?