Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Photoshop CS5

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Check out some of the new features - it looks amazing!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cs4 looked awesome, i now want that even more, cs5 must be better :D it has a higher number :P lol

looks amazing thoug
    Ah damn. I replied on my Touch but it never sent.

I've seldom used Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator, but CS5 makes me excited to try and learn them more indepth. I already have a good knowledge of PS, but I've never bothered and been interested to truly learn the power of it. The rest of the CS5 suite makes me just as excited! InDesign specifically. I've used that before, but never found much of a use, but the new stuff in that, specially the interactive "movies" in the browser is amazing.

This is one reason why Apple needs to stop being so anti-flash, designers will want to use that feature in InDesign, and it would have worked well with the iPad, but their loss. Just like it's Apple's loss (but also much despair on Adobe's) when they updated their Terms of Use to disallow use of Flash's thingy. I forgot what it was called technically, but where you can create Apps through exported Flash files. Asif they ran natively on the iPhone through the AppStore.
    Looks amazing! Specially the whole horse picture and being able to move it and fill in the space !
    It's here!! Even a few days early! :D

Just downloaded the Master Collection.
    the pre release version? Or full version??
    Full verisons, it was released official today. They said early May (which has usually always meant 2 weeks in), some won't get their phsyical versions until the end of May.

The only thing is though, they're SO small. The Master Collection was under 6GB. I don't understand why. I know they don't have all the other things like language packs in them, they're all English only for today. But it doesn't feel right. Adobe says they are the real deal, typical trial downloads of what you will get if you buy them.

http://cs5.org/?p=928
    The 30-day free trial versions of Adobe CS5 products are now available for download on adobe.com. These are fully functional so you can test-drive every single feature that’s available in the retail version of the software
    I bum the content-aware feature. Its AMAZING.
    Downloading the trial. Apparently all it needs is the serial to activate the full version.
    Yeah it does, change of hosts file too. Seems they don't care that much for super anti-piracy measures anymore. I think that's why they are SO small. That is what made most of the size for the other versions of Photoshop especially.
    Content Aware is amazing! I'm in love with that feature.
    Quick example of content aware fill:

Before
    img0476w.jpg

After
    img0476b.jpg

I'm learning its limitations now... it totally messes up the large paved area, and seems to prefer areas with defined edges and colours. The edges need a little healing, but not much.

The only thing that's been annoying is, if I try and do a content aware fill on a large image (e.g. filling the corners of a panorama) I get an insufficient memory error. Apparently others have had this problem too, and it might be something to do with OpenGL not working properly. I did disable OpenGL and update my graphics drivers, but no joy.
    Sorry for spamming the pics, but it's great! Another example here. I went crazy and didn't expect much, but it did really well:

Before
    img0476cx.jpg

After
    img0476dd.jpg
    I think it works best with a DSLR with high resolution images, but so far the best image has to be the one of the Horse in the tutorial!
    If I untick the 32bit option during install, it will still work yes? I have a 64bit os and processer etc
    ohhh that looks amazing :( i wish i had the money to get it....
    ohhh that looks amazing :( i wish i had the money to get it....

I got it, its making me melt.
    MrG wrote: »
    If I untick the 32bit option during install, it will still work yes? I have a 64bit os and processer etc
    Yeah course it will.
    I got it, its making me melt.

thankyou for making me jealous....I hope your happy....:grump:
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Yeah course it will.

Seriously, every time I see it loading saying CS5 v.12 64bit, I get a little wet inside.
    I just watched the video, I want it!
    Seriously, every time I see it loading saying CS5 v.12 64bit, I get a little wet inside.
    haha, I can only run 32bit Mac version because it's all 32bit hardware, running my Hack in 64bit causes kernel panic so I don't get that privilege :( But by default all of Adobe's software is now 64bit :D
    oh my god oh my god, it's awesome lol.
    thats actually insane, I WANT IT (so nearly put a bad typo in there)
    I'm actually thinking of getting thsi cos i'm using fireworks to edit at home still, SO SHIT
    Some great tutorials on the new CS5 features here.
    For those who are interested, it's £185 if you are a student, instead of the usual £650 :D

The only problem i've had however is that my 4Gb, 2.5Ghz Quad Core system doesn't have enough RAM......
    It's not the RAM, it's a bug. If you're referring to what I think you are. See the link I posted in post #12.