Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Learning to knit...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to be able to knit when I was little and was quite good at it stopped and I've not done it for years. Now I've completely forgot how to do it. I've got a beginners guide book and watched a few guides on youtube but I am still rubbish at it and can't grasp it!

Does anybody know any sites which are good for beginners and are really simple and easy to follow?! :)

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Get yourself on Ravelry. Loads of info there.

Also, knitting help is teh best site ever.

And here! People will answer questions if you need help :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohh thank you I shall have a look now :)

I think being all fingers and thumbs and being easily confused is really not helping me, haha. :rolleyes:
    Just wanted to say Knitting help is fab...thanks littlemissy :thumb:

I can finally do it, although having a bit of trouble with my pearl stitch, but I'll get it! I really want to get going and make something now :hyper:
    knitting :heart:
    Haha this is my first ever bit of knitting for years...a tad on the rubbish side, but I am quite impressed with it for a first go :yes:
    That's really good. Well done.
    ooh, it's really neat.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Haha this is my first ever bit of knitting for years...a tad on the rubbish side, but I am quite impressed with it for a first go :yes:

And impressed you should be. Your tension looks really good considering you haven't picked up needles in years! Well done.

And glad I could help. Knitting Help is just the best website and if I spent all the hours I spend on ravelry actually doing some knitting I would complete many more things!
    I love ravelry and I agree, if I spent half as much time knitting as what I do looking at other peoples knitting I get a heck of a lot more done!! xo
    katylou wrote: »
    I love ravelry and I agree, if I spent half as much time knitting as what I do looking at other peoples knitting I get a heck of a lot more done!! xo

what is your rav id?
    katylou wrote: »

:lol: That is so true!

And you have done very good pieces, as missy said, good tension, can't wait to see what else you do :D
    Ooooh my flatmates and i want to learn to knit so we have something cool to do in the welly winter :D there is a wool shop off Cuba st that has free lessons so we're gonna head there! I can't wait to get some nice merino. I <3 Craftster.org too (for generally craft stuffs)