Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone else love a bit of rock n roll and doo wop? No? Just me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+baseballs&aq=f

Theses guys are a rockabilly/rock n roll/doo wop band from germany who have done covers of modern shitty songs and made them good!! Just brilliant!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Meh, the whole cover-in-the-style-of thing has been done before and by better bands and musicians.

See also:
    - Richard Cheese
    - Hayseed Dixie
    - Beatallica
    - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
    - Apocalyptica

I still enjoyed The Baseballs, but can't see myself staying interested for long, unlike the above. The standard of musicianship just aint all that high.
  • Options
    I HATE Richard bloody Cheese. He makes me angry. My dad loves him... it's just not good.
    Xx
  • Options
    I love them, the only genre I listen to anyway is rock n roll/rockabilly/doo wop, nothing like Metallica or anything, grew out of that years ago.

I guess they're an acquired taste
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+baseballs&aq=f

Theses guys are a rockabilly/rock n roll/doo wop band from germany who have done covers of modern shitty songs and made them good!! Just brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1upZz3a-7iM

I think that's what you are looking for. Ukraine's finest :D
  • Options
    Strubs, that was actually pretty cool!

I'll also throw Rodrigo y Gabriela and Edgar Cruz into the mix. The latter's version of Boho Rhapsody is awesome.
  • Options
    I remember there was a big rock and roll revival way back in the 1970s with the top rock and roll groups being Showaddywaddy and Darts who were a doo Wop band. Here are Showaddywaddy: Under the moon of love And here are Darts: Duke of earl

By the way there was also a big Teddy Boy revival in the seventies too. Here they slag off the new punks during an interview with them in a pub in 1977: click here
  • Options
    Goldsword wrote: »
    By the way there was also a big Teddy Boy revival in the seventies too. Here they slag off the new punks during an interview with them in a pub in 1977: click here

Yes! Oh man I love those teds... Crazy Cavan are gods!!!
  • Options
    By the Rubettes a seventies Glam rock band also did a great little rock and roll style song in 1975 called The Juke Box Jive I love that song!