Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Downward spiral?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks

This is more of a rant than anything else. I'm not all that fussed about replies I just kind of need to vent.

I had a moment this morning when I just completely lost the plot with my other half. He mentioned something that annoyed me and I just completely overreacted, shouted very nasty things at him and burst into tears. He, rather understandably, got upset and shouted back.

To put you in the picture, there's something that's bothering me slightly (call it issue A) and I asked him a couple of weeks ago not to talk about it. Something related was mentioned on the radio this morning and he passed comment on issue A, at which point I flipped. Clearly, I was being completely unreasonable as he's been very good about not mentioning the issue over the last two weeks and was just passing comment on what a reporter had said on the radio.

I don't understand at all why I reacted like this. I've been going through the things that could have been pissing me off and I can't find anything that could have made me this upset. Unless I am more stressed about issue A than i think I am...

Maybe it's a combination of things. Time of the month is due to start today, I've severely cut back on smoking and have only had 5 cigarettes in the past week, work's pretty busy at the moment and there's a couple of things that I've got behind on that have been eating at me a little.

I've been through some depressive points in my life before, I was even on anti-depressants for a while but I thought I was past all of that. I've had a great couple of years and have rarely felt down at all, but an awful lot of good things have happened to me in this time.

What I'm really concerned about is that I need good things to be happening to me in order to feel happy. Or in order to not be depressed. I don't know how to rescue this. My other half and I will make up, that's not so much of an issue, it's the severe mood swing that bothered me. Things seem to have been going downhill for the past few weeks with my mood and I don't know how to dig myself out of this hole. Stopping digging and climbing instead would probably be a good way forward, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Sera :wave:

I'm not sure what issue A is and that's absolutely fine but sometimes like you said things can bother us more than we may realise. To break the things down you've got going on, each is a pretty big deal on it's own. Trying to give up or cutting back smoking is an incredibly hard addiction to break, time of the month (enough said) and the issue which is bothering you! It's all alot of emotional stress.

Maybe try to just stop, take a step back and tackle things one step at a time.

I hope things start to improve for you,

dp :heart: