Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dicloflex

i've been prescribed some by my dentist because i'm having problems with a tooth i had a filling on a while back.

i'm just really concerned because the side effect list is bloody endless. now, i don't normally take any notice of the side effect list but some of the side effects include heart attacks, strokes, complete loss of eyesight, liver failure, kidney failure, stomach ulcers.

i took one about 10 mins ago and now my stomach is hurting but i dont know whether or not that is in my head.

i've only got to take them for 5 days, twice a day.

i go on holiday on sunday so i'm paranoid they are going to make me ill especially as i have a very sensitive stomach.

has anyone ever taken these before? if so, did you suffer from any side effects?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just diclofenac isn't it? One of the most prescribed pain killers, you will be fine.

I got given them when I broke my arm but thought they were shit, a good muscle relaxant apparently which makes sense I guess
  • Options
    well, it says dicloflex on the box and on the leaflet but then underneath it also says diclofenac sodium.

i'm just paranoid as my stomach is now making lots of noises and hurting. it does that alot though so its probably just me worrying over nothing. i'm doing alot of that right now.
  • Options
    You'll be fiiiiiiiiine!!! I give the kids loads of diclofenac when they have fevers and no issues here. And they're only 1 and 2
  • Options
    possible side effects of pretty much any effective medication are like that.
    Dont worry
  • Options
    Diclofex is one of the brand names. Diclofenac I believe is the generic name, big brand name you can now buy over the counter is Voltarol.

It's basically beefed up ibuprofen, so unless your stomach can't handle ibuprofen you should be fine.

I was on them for ages when I was on pain management, top tip I had from the pain management nurse was if I thought stomach might wobble with them was to take with food, or a biscuit or glass of millk.
  • Options
    I really wouldn't worry they HAVE to list every possible side effect, even if it's only ever happened to 1 person or 100. Diclofenic (Like Ibruprofen) in a non-steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) and the only thing to really watch with these type of drugs is if you have pre existing stomach problems such as excess acid, hiatus hernia, stomach reflux as these can aggreivate it but if your Dr was worried he would have given you something like Omeprazole/Ranitadine to help :)

Take them for a couple of doses and see how you feel on them, it may be that it is a drug that you simply can't take as it doesn't agree with you or you may get along with it just fine :yes:
  • Options
    I've been on diclofenac for months (it's more of a 'when it hurts, take the pill' basis though) and it's not done me any harm.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I really wouldn't worry they HAVE to list every possible side effect, even if it's only ever happened to 1 person or 100.

:yes:

Whenever I'm on anything, I tend to get the side effects - they do ease after a few days.
  • Options
    have a little to eat with them, or half a glass of milk, just a little something to line the stomach.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    have a little to eat with them, or half a glass of milk, just a little something to line the stomach.

:yes:

I've had them before for my joint probs, and as long as I don't take them on an empty stomach, I don't get any side effects at all.
  • Options
    +1 - I've been prescribed this for my sciatica, initially my stomach was a bit sore, but then it got used to the meds after a few days.