Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

being "the fat friend"

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff wrote: »
    It's cause he defended one type of body at the expense of another. Someone is not any less of a woman because she has to run around in the shower to get wet!

He should have gone with the 'curvy women can be hot - skinny women can also be hot' approach. :thumb:

lol. Oh yea, everyone can be hot or not! Glad somebody pointed that out to me :D
    I'm 5'10 of an average weight and of the homely looking type. Most times I go out it is with the same two people; one shorter than 5 feet, probably weighs about as much as my leg, the other, only a couple inches taller and like a string bean. They also always dress real nice and classy. I am sure it is a hoot to see us out, these two cute girls and an ogar. I tell them one day I will make a shirt with http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/futurama_amazon_woman.jpg on it and wear it every time we are out.

But that is ok and I don't feel bad about myself. They are my good friends and I would rather have a nice night out enjoying myself and their company than care about who looks the best and I know they feel the same way. Plus it is nice to have them around as the boys love them and I get free drinks out of it as well :p (though I will admit I do feel bad some nights because it is never me getting the free drinks for them. Stupid boyfriend, makes me forget how to flirt)
    my name wrote: »
    I'm 5'10 of an average weight and of the homely looking type. Most times I go out it is with the same two people; one shorter than 5 feet, probably weighs about as much as my leg, the other, only a couple inches taller and like a string bean. They also always dress real nice and classy. I am sure it is a hoot to see us out, these two cute girls and an ogar. I tell them one day I will make a shirt with http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/futurama_amazon_woman.jpg on it and wear it every time we are out.

But that is ok and I don't feel bad about myself. They are my good friends and I would rather have a nice night out enjoying myself and their company than care about who looks the best and I know they feel the same way. Plus it is nice to have them around as the boys love them and I get free drinks out of it as well :p (though I will admit I do feel bad some nights because it is never me getting the free drinks for them. Stupid boyfriend, makes me forget how to flirt)

:yes: yeah I'm 5'9" and the bigger of the two friends I usually go out with - and when I go out with one of those two often, sometimes it gets to me, cos she is short and petite and gets all the attention. But meh. We have a good time and that's all that matters.
    i'm somehow the "fat friend" as well, despite being 5'5" and of healthy bmi, im just friends with weird skinny midgets apparently. But i dont think they are the reason i dont get any action when we go out, i think its that i give off serious "taken" vibes (or at least, thats what i hope)
    i have to put my point of view across, from the 'skinny' side- i'm 5'0 and around 7 stone, and i get jealous of girls who have nice curves, i mean, i do have body fat, but not enough to have a real nice defineable shape :(