Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Discontinued products that you used to like

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    More childhood nostalgia but I used to love sunny d and bn biscuits.

BN Biscuits and Campinos and those Pop Tart you could buy in waitrose...

OMG, forgot all about these!!

Boots used to do a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. But now they don't :(
    FCUK had a fantastic-smelling deodrant in an orange can a few months ago which is now unheard of. Replaced by some pap equivalent. I wish I'd stocked up appropriately.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    WTF? :confused:

Seriously. A little spicier than Steak flavour if memory serves.

I also remember some Golden Wonder chicken lattice crisp things, not sure what they were called.

Also Pacer sweets, like the minty Opal Fruits that were mentioned earlier.

Away from sweets and crisps though, I miss Tab cola, Atari games system Space Invaders and computer games that you had to load by cassette
    I've just blown a valve/tube in my headphone amplifier. They're largely unheard of these days...

Not in guitar amplifiers... They still represent the best amplification money can buy, and as such, there will always be a demand for the tubes.

Look on www.gak.co.uk for starters. A word of caution about valves (tubes), always buy and use matched pairs. Ie, if one blows, replace the pair.
    They're getting rid of floppy disks (not that anyone gives a shit)
    Xx
    I've not been able to get my hands on an eight inch floppy in years.

But I miss Lush's tea tree lip balm
    Big Gay wrote: »

But I miss Lush's tea tree lip balm

Yeah it's annoying the way Lush discontinue their products so often. I had a gorgeous honey shower gel from there but it's been discontinued too.
    Does anyone remember Fat Willy's Surf Shack? A few of my mates in the early 1990s had T-shirts with that logo. I wasn't a fan of it but I do kinda miss it in a way.
    YES! me and my sister had those tshirts, hand me downs from my parent's friends kids.

I miss ... jolly ranchers, maverick chocolate bars, fizzy jerks :heart:
    Jealous :( shame they're not fizzy jerks thought :p
    A word of caution about valves (tubes), always buy and use matched pairs. Ie, if one blows, replace the pair.

replace them with a transistor, much more reliable...
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Fat Willy's Surf Shack? A few of my mates in the early 1990s had T-shirts with that logo. I wasn't a fan of it but I do kinda miss it in a way.

I saw a lady on a train on friday with a brand new looking Fat Willy's plastic carrier bag! I was like wow, fat willy's, didn't think they were still around, to which my hubby replied who the hell is fat willy and I thought I was losing the plot!
    Wow nice coincidence Fruit Loop! Bless your hubby though :-)
    Not in guitar amplifiers... They still represent the best amplification money can buy, and as such, there will always be a demand for the tubes.

Look on www.gak.co.uk for starters. A word of caution about valves (tubes), always buy and use matched pairs. Ie, if one blows, replace the pair.

Ordered a pair last night. Electro-Harmonix 6CG7... :)

Big Gay wrote: »
    replace them with a transistor, much more reliable...

They're just not the same when pushed hard. But from a tech point, yes - solid-state all the way! :)
    My brother lives in Falmouth, there's a Fat Willys shop on the high street.
    Turkey Twizzlers :yum:

Curse you Jamie Oliver :grump:
    I think we still have nerds here...

Kit Kat Cookie Dough :( Was the most delicious thing in the world.
    my name wrote: »
    Until a month or so ago we had maxwell house at work. It tastes like dirt and dried poop, I've never had coffee so disgusting and everybody else thought the same. Finally they started buying a new brand so when I forget to brew my own at home, life isn't completly over :p

Any instant coffee is total shit. I think they should call it a coffee flavoured beverage - it is not coffee is it?
    They're getting rid of floppy disks (not that anyone gives a shit)
    Xx

A man on my uni course is 31. Until we took a computer apart in September, he'd never seen a floppy disk.
    I was talking about Nerds the other week with a friend! But more about missing Dweebs rather than Nerds.
    diet vanilla coke
    diet vanilla coke

When they first came out my older sister told me that you had to shake the can to get the flavour, and yes i was dumb enough to do it.
    Any instant coffee is total shit. I think they should call it a coffee flavoured beverage - it is not coffee is it?

It was pre ground coffee for a machine, but maxwell house brand all the same. I can't imagine anything grosser than it already was, I shudder to think of it as an instant!

Kit Kat cookie dough sounds delicious!

Lots of cereals I can't find anymore like s'mores or oreo o's, froot loops with marshmellows. I would love those again... though I'm pretty sure I've seen s'mores once not too long ago.
    my name you know how in the US when they make smores they use graham crackers? would you have any idea what the english alternative is to graham crackers cos we dont have them here?! i dont know why you would know this...as you dont live here...haha but i just thought id ask.
    So no teddy grahams either? :(;)

The best thing I could find is a digestive biscuit. I read in a cookbook published in the UK a crust for a pie (dessert type of pie) made from digestive biscuits that looked similar to making a graham cracker pie crust so maybe they could be used for smores too... I dont know though, I've never had a digestive biscuit.
    That was really nice! Not many people seemed to like it though.

I really liked Punika. The lids used to make a clicking sound when you took them off and pressed them. We used to collect the different coloured lids at school and go around clicking them lol. Punika then went on to be Oasis apparently! Not many people remember Punika though...there was a rumour that it was only trialled in our area but I don't know how true that is.

I think we still have it here.
    Louisek wrote: »
    When they first came out my older sister told me that you had to shake the can to get the flavour, and yes i was dumb enough to do it.

Luckily she didn't tell you you need to drop a menthos in it to get the flavor :p
    Chocolate covered pretzels, where did they go? And Willy Wonka nerds, runts and everlasting gobstoppers. I think they were banned, can only get them in the usa now 
    heinz done a bottled peppercorn sauce, was REALLLY nice, only places online that seem to sell it are sites that wholesale over to ex pat places like spain with goods like marmite lol

hell i'm gona email them telling them how much i loved it, might get some vouchers for ketchup lol