Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

charged with assault

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been charged with assault to severe injury and am bricking it. ave been in trouble way the polis before but nothing ever this bad. It wasn’t my fault...the other guy just wound me up and a lost it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds to me like it was your fault.
    how did you get that from what a said
    Because YOU'VE been charged with assault...
    Xx
    a did hit the guy but he deserved it
    Did he hit you first?
    Xx
    what he did was a lot worse than hittin me
    Care to explain? Because at the moment, I'm getting this:
    He said something to you, you got way too angry and assaulted him... You took it too far. Yes, he verbally provoked you, but that gives you no reason to physically assault him.
    http://www.fearless.org/ Check out that site, it might be helpful.
    Xx
    he didnt say anythin dont wanna say what it was though incase people think a wanted it
    Okay, feel free to PM me if you need to talk... but it would be better to post on here so you can get advice from many different people.
    Xx
    really couldnt say but in the same situation id do the same everytime. I did warn the guy first but he just wouldnt stop so I smacked him about a bit.
    How old are you/what previous convictions/what previous punishments?

Few details wouldn't go amiss mate
    I know you're new here, but can you use correct english, not 'text speak' - it makes it harder to read in text speak.

If someone wound you up and you lost it, then I'd certainly say that was your fault for not being able to control your anger.

I'd possibly look at changing your attitude for the police / court, otherwise you could be in for serious punishment.
    DD92 wrote: »
    he didnt say anythin dont wanna say what it was though incase people think a wanted it

Well then it'd be hard gauging the possible responses from the courts as we do not have the details.

if you hit him, you deserve it.
    am 17. never been to court before, been arrested a few times by the polis but nothing ever came of it but this time ave been charged.

I'm brickin it as a dont know whats gonna happen. It was a stupid thing to ave done but a just lost it when he wouldnt stop it a was drunk as well at the time but a cant say what made me smack him incase folk thought a wanted it.
    FCUK it wrote: »
    I know you're new here, but can you use correct english, not 'text speak' - it makes it harder to read in text speak.

Or not
    Wouldn't worry probably a small fine & court costs, or a bit of community service would be surprised by anything else. Though guess it depends how badly you fucked him up!

Just make sure you don't do it again like, otherwise they will 'av ya. :D scrub up well for court aswell - if you come across as a little cunt they'll fuck you over, trust me
    broke his noes and he needed stitches and a wont do it again unless he starts again
    had said what had happened but changed ma mind.
    From what you've said I'm afraid you've got no chance. Yes the guy was winding you up, but a grown up would have walked away. Hitting someone because they're pissing you off isn't acceptable, once this is all over you need to look inwards and have a think about what you can do to prevent yourself losing it again.
    I think you should go into anger management. Sometimes, yes we people get into fights... but you haven't actually told us what he did, so at the moment, everyone is seeing it as your fault. If he'd done something like harm your child then it'd be slightly more justified... still not legal obviously, but I'm sure you wouldn't get such a hard sentence. But, this bloke didn't do anything like that did he? If you think that we are going to think you deserved it, then it's making me think you started it to be honest.

As others have said, buy a suit or something for court, smarten up, speak in proper English (in court) and only speak when necessary.
    Xx
    A really was actin to protect maself from the filthy fucker but ad rather go down than admit to what really happened
    DD92 wrote: »
    A really was actin to protect maself from the filthy fucker but ad rather go down than admit to what really happened

Then you'll be found guilty. That's if it even goes to trial. You may be better off just pleading guilty, seeing as how you are and everything. Of course I'm not qualified to say that, so you should speak to your brief.
    If a did say what happened nobody would believe me like last time. Ma own mum sided with ma dad
    When you only bring up the allegations in defence they are less likely to be taken seriously.

For future reference, a swift kick to the nuts is likely to put people off whatever they're doing, but doesn't leave any damage (as long as you don't over do it)
    I didn't read the post that sais what really happened before you editted it but, my advise would be to speak to your solicitor. It might also go in your favour if you enrol yourself on an anger management course before you get to court, attend and take it seriously, which can then be used as evidence that you admit you did wrong and have taken steps to ensure you won't do it again. It wil mean more than your word.
    I notice you write police as "polis", which is Turkish for police. If you are from Turkey, then this may not be the site for you. As we're Brit-based, we'll know some of our UK laws but we won't be hot on outside laws. Plus, when you say "a", don't you mean "I"?
    If someone is mouthing off at you, its your fault if you punch him.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I notice you write police as "polis", which is Turkish for police. If you are from Turkey, then this may not be the site for you. As we're Brit-based, we'll know some of our UK laws but we won't be hot on outside laws. Plus, when you say "a", don't you mean "I"?

I think saying things like "he wound me up" e.t.c. will mean he's British, just with an odd way of saying police.
    Am from Scotland, not Turkey.
    MrG wrote: »
    If someone is mouthing off at you, its your fault if you punch him.

he wasn't mouthing off at me. People already think am one of them without them knowin about what he was doin before a slapped him about a bit. Nobody would believe me even if a did say, nobody ever does.
    To be honest, there really is little point coming here and saying "I had my reasons" if you're not going to tell us what they are.

You might be morally justified, but we can't even agree with you on that.

My advice is to tell your lawyer everything.