Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Out of sight is out of mind ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I've felt quite unsure of things over the last couple of years.

When I started university I didn't feel very confident about making friends and had low self-esteem and confidence. Things got better and I did make friends.

I graduated in 2007 and moved home and since then have made more friends at home and when I did some internships in France.

At home I'm near most of my friends from school and the new friends I have made and there's no problem.

I haven't felt sure if I've lost people since university or if they are still friends.

I seem to put in the vast majority of the effort with most people.

With some I stopped bothering as they didn't reply to messages which made me sad.

It seems with all the people who live far away there is not much contact on their part. maybe this is normal and there isn't much contact in general with long-distance friendships and it's just every now and again.

I guess the questions are what's the best way to maintain the long-distance relationships.

Do I need to be assertive with people (I did a course, but not sure if it is this skill that is needed to have balance in the friendships)

Or are they just no longer friends ?

It just always seems that I only hear from people who live nearby

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If they can't be bothered to uphold contact even tho you try time and time over I would assume they aren't any good friends.