Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Super size, super skinny, super shit

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I watch it if it's on but always feel a bit sick with myself after. Love it when they shoot down all the food in the pipe. Wonder what the point behind that is :chin: .. other than a nice bit of deliberate gore factor. yeah all food is going to look mank when pooped out a pipe. almost as bad as gilian mckeith and her shit fetish.
    she was 5'7" and 95lbs.

eta: i got it wrong in my post above. i thought she was 6 and a half stone. she was actually 6 stone 11lbs.

God... I'm 5'2 and I'm 8 and a bit stone :( Shit.

And also... why does it only take the people in the house a few days to magically solve all their food issues, but then the group of anorexics wont eat after like 5 weeks?
    Xx

And also... why does it only take the people in the house a few days to magically solve all their food issues, but then the group of anorexics wont eat after like 5 weeks?
    Xx

it's a healthy weight! dont worry
    it's a healthy weight! dont worry

My BMI is 20.9 :no:
    Xx
    same.

its made me feel super bad about my weight though.

she is only one inch shorter than me yet almost two stone lighter :(

You should exercise some willpower and not watch it then. You've clearly got body image issues and a distorted idea about your own appearance, even if you don't currently have an eating disorder - why go out of your way to watch programme with skeletal women in them?

B-A - if your BMA is 20.9 then that is healthy.
    My BMI is 20.9 :no:
    Xx

i thought that was considered in the healthy range. anything 25 or above is obese? i could be wrong. i wouldnt rely on those stupid bmi things. as long as you're happy and you try and eat healthily.
    I thought Austria's tv was full of shit which all those casting shows and "teenagers become mothers" and celebrities in the jungle, but this is quite something.

Why don't they switch a suicidal person with someone who is really happy in life. And put the happy one on a mix of SSRIs and give him an arsenal of self-mutilating weaponry and get the suicidal person everything it needs to be happy? I'd watch the shit out of it.
    she was 5'7" and 95lbs.

eta: i got it wrong in my post above. i thought she was 6 and a half stone. she was actually 6 stone 11lbs.

no way was she
    it was this one http://www.channel4.com/programmes/supersize-vs-superskinny/4od#3055944

She didnt look scrawny at all. It looked like she was slim, but naturally so.
    She ate around 1000cals a day, which I dont think is unhealthy.
    Its a slimmers diet for sure, but its hardly a worry

Oh, same! I'm sure it's about right.
    Everyone else is lighter than me in class. We got weighed the other day in science.

Anyway, lets not get into it.
    Xx
    Everyone else is lighter than me in class.

You've said before that your body is mature for your age.

Woman's body = woman's weight.

Back on subject (kind of) Strubs, you need to get yourself on a UK satellite tv network. You'd never leave the house. Some of the crap they put on those high numbered channels makes Supersize/Superskinny look like Panorama.
    no way was she

nope she was.

i've just double checked via that link you gave me.

she's 95lbs. watch the video :yes:
    nope she was.

i've just double checked via that link you gave me.

she's 95lbs. watch the video :yes:

im probably not the best person to judge tbh. Ive thought nearly all the superskinnies have had lovely enviable figures so far. I think im a bit warped in that respect.
    The one this week had a good set of tits on her though, which is what probably stopped her from looking too thin
    i thought that was considered in the healthy range. anything 25 or above is obese? i could be wrong. i wouldnt rely on those stupid bmi things. as long as you're happy and you try and eat healthily.

Over 25 is overweight, not obese :)
    im probably not the best person to judge tbh. Ive thought nearly all the superskinnies have had lovely enviable figures so far. I think im a bit warped in that respect.

same :(
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Over 25 is overweight, not obese :)

whoops. think i just quoted that from a wiki answer website and that's the terminology they used.
    The whole "you must eat 2000 alories per day" is a bit dumb... It doesn't take in to account metabolism, exercise and whether or not somebody wants to lose, gain or retain weight.
    Kaff wrote: »
    I like how they spend the whole time trying to convey a really healthy body image ideal, and then have that journalist woman, who's a perfectly normal size, looking into quick fix diets or plastic surgery options. Mmmm. Nice mixed messages, Channel 4 :thumb:

I think the point of that is to try and show how mad all these different kinds of quick fixs and crazy diet plans are and that they're not worth it. I think anyway.
    I initially loved this show but the more recent episodes took the piss. We recently waited a whole hour just to see some obese woman lose just half a stone and her skinny opposition gain 1lb. They had a whole twelve weeks to sort themselves out and were on the forefront of a national programme yet this is the best they could do? A waste of their time and - more importantly - ours. I didn't bother watching after that.
    I've had to just ban myself from diet shows. I just torture myself.