Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

last album you loved?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
what was the last album you bought that you really loved? you know like, i buy cds/download stuff on itunes all the time but its pretty rare i find an album that i cant stop listening to, and genuinely adore.

at the moment im loving the XX's album. its amazing to drive home at night to, kind of chilled. the album before that was probably florence and the machines lungs. i heart every track on there.

:]
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hmm yeah it's been a while since I've had a whole album which I've really loved back to back. Probably either 'The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die', 'Chase & Status - More than Alot' or Sub Focus's self titled album.
  • Options
    Oh, '3OH!3 - Want' is another one I thought was wicked!
  • Options
    First album I EVER got was Bleach by Nirvana... my dad got me it for my first birthday on vinyl... and I still love it.
    But I recently got Defamation of strickland banks, by Plan B. Very good.
    Xx
  • Options
    at the moment im loving the XX's album. its amazing to drive home at night to, kind of chilled.

Good shout. I've ordered that off Amazon after listening to it on Spotify a few times, really like it. At the moment I've got Yeasayer's new album on constant repeat in my car and before that it was Ellie Goulding.
  • Options
    *old farts post alert again*

If you like your 90s dance music, then I INSIST that you buy this MOS album called "Mash Up Mix 90s". It is good from start to finish, mixing vs/whitelabel-style about 100 records down to 35 separate tracks, 16 on the 1st CD and 19 on the 2nd CD. Some tracks will have 2 concurrent records, some will have 3. The best way to describe it is that game from the Radio 4 programme "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", where you have to sing the words of one song to the tune of another.

Examples are:
    Fatboy Slim - Right Here Right Now vs Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
    Alex Party - Read My Lips vs Fatboy Slim - Praise You
    Moloko - Sing It Back vs Robin S - Show Me Love
    Haddaway - What Is Love? vs Eiffel 65 - Blue

The best one is deffo 2 Unlimited - No Limit

the-mash-up-mix-90s-300x297.jpg
  • Options
    Seasick Steve's Man From Another Time.

I've got into this guy quite late, but I'm seriously glad I did. I never thought songs about tractors could be quite so awesome.
  • Options
    Paloma Faith - Do you want the thruth or something beautiful.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    'Chase & Status - More than Alot'

:thumb: love that album
  • Options
    Furious Angels by Rob Dougan

Goes through all the emotions of a break up so perfectly, the whole album going up and down from anger to sorrow to hate but constantly contradicting himself until the realisation that he still loves her but can't let go comes along. A really brilliant and emotional thing to listen to :)
  • Options
    10425743m.jpg
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    The Academy Is... - SANTI
  • Options
    Flyleaf - Memento Mori. I love that band so much!