Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Have anyone done "bag of crap" schemes?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm a bit dubious about this, so I was wondering if anyone here has gone for this? If so, what did you get? The idea is that you're playing Secret Santa but on yourself. You pay £8 to receive a goody bag and inside the bag are 3 random objects. I guess that there is a gambling element, as the value of its contents will be above or below the £8 that you have now parted with. One of these such sites have shown testimonials from people who were satisfied with their outcome. Obviously they have either filtered out the negative feedback or they are exaggerating their claims. I won't post any links (unless a mod says it's okay to), but I was curious if anyone on here had done this.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Paypal me £8 and I will send you a bag of crap if you want?
    Oh. I thought this was about the 'dog poo in a paper bag' thing.
    It's just gambling for fun isn't it?

No different from going to a carnival, putting £8 down and you get to choose a balloon out of 20, 10 with £1 in, 5 with £5, 3 with £10 and 2 with £20.

For the people who got £10 or £20 its good, for everyone else they're just throwing money away. And of course, the house always wins.

But if you purely want the excitement of seeing what you might get - go for it.
    "black bag" events are a scam. This will be too.
    The clue is in the title, I would have thought.
    A good policy to remember is that if it seems to good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. :)
    I played "bag of crap" scheme on my ex-boss. Put dog poo in a paper bag, put it on his porch, lit it, rang the door bell and make a run for it.

He then played the "put out fire with italian shoes with wild suede shoe soles" scheme, which I was hoping for.
    Cheers for the answers. The scheme does seem to be quite a big thing as there is a huuuuuuuge thread on Overclockers about it. I asked about it here because TheSite.org is quite a big forum too.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Cheers for the answers. The scheme does seem to be quite a big thing as there is a huuuuuuuge thread on Overclockers about it. I asked about it here because TheSite.org is quite a big forum too.

overclockers :yuck: