Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

iPhone 4G

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think we can all safely say this IS the next iPhone.

http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/apples-4th-generation-iphone-revealed/

500x_iphone1.jpg
Gallery

The comments about this guys life being possibly ruined, I doubt it. Yes he fucked up BIG TIME. But look at how much money he has made Apple to date!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think apple's marketing stunts are more convoluted than most MI5 operations :/ still i don't rate the iphone, or apple for that matter
    I don't think Apple can say you can't post picture of it, since it was left in a public place, and found by a member of the public. It's just a prototype anyway. I think Apple would have had a fit if anyone released specs of the phone's hardware in more detail than "it's all just smaller with a bigger battery".

Apple wouldn't make a big fuss because they did what they had to do, kill the phone remotely. Now they just can't control their advertising, some see it as free advertising, but there is nothing special about this phone. Just like there is nothing special about iPhone OS 4. They can't make a hype about it.
    I love my iPhone 3GS and this looks equally as badass.

I have not met a single person who owns an iPhone and doesn't like it. I think most of the people who slate it are either being deliberately obtuse and going against the grain for the hell of it, or secretly actually want one but either can't afford it or would have to go down Humble Pies R Us and clean out the store.
    Or a mixture of both, since you don't get what you pay for. That's the reason why I don't like the iPhone. I have a iPod Touch, I like it. But I don't think either the 8/32GB versions are worth their price tag.

My friend has had a iPhone 2G/3G, and was going to upgrade to the 3GS but he didn't see the point. He is going to elsewhere since you get higher spec'd phone for a cheaper price. He liked the iPhone. I don't really care anyway since I think mobiles are annoying things, but it annoys me when people call it the best phone on the market, it isn't, neither is the OS. Maybe out of the love factor from their customers only.
    The 3GS is my first iPhone as my Voda contract ran out the day after it was released so I thought, what the hell.

I have (or will do in a week or so) an iPod classic as I have in excess of 100gb of music, and an 8gb Sandisk Sansa Clip+ for running / gym. The Sandisk is awesome incidentally.
    I love my iPhone 3GS and this looks equally as badass.

I have not met a single person who owns an iPhone and doesn't like it. I think most of the people who slate it are either being deliberately obtuse and going against the grain for the hell of it, or secretly actually want one but either can't afford it or would have to go down Humble Pies R Us and clean out the store.

I've used one. It's nice - swift and fluid. But I'd never buy one.

1. I refuse to buy a device where I can't change the battery.
    2. Not being a Mac or Windows user, I'm left quite high and dry when it comes to transferring music. I refuse to buy a device I can't just plug in and treat as USB mass storage.
    3. It'd irritate me each time I used it. The buttons for the on-screen keyboard are too small for someone with "manly" hands. I cannot type a single word without getting at least one letter wrong.
    4. I object strongly that I'm not able to install exactly what I want. And this is the killer for me, to be honest. Invalidating the warranty so I can "jailbreak" the phone? That's just wrong.

All that aside... Apple couldn't have done anything regarding the 4G. Order it back, silence the site, deny publicly that this is the next model - everyone would interpret it as Apple admitting this'll be in the shops soon. As soon as they do that, sales of the 3G would drop off - nobody wants to spend that much money on a device that'll be obsolete in less than 3 months. Yes, it won't really be obsolete, but if you're spending hundreds of pounds on a device, you don't want to spend that on something that's nearly at the end of its life.