Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Haha!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8628230.stm

Love it :lol: If only they could win the election :lol:
Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ha ha! I do :heart: their policies!
    Looking through the Loonies manifesto of sorts, there's some slightly sensible ideas in there. Take wheelie bins, for example. They believe that instead of installing micro-chips on them, you should simply remove the wheels. That way, if you produce too much rubbish, you won't be able to carry it down the drive to get it emptied.

They propose to ban tractors from driving on roads, on the grounds that they can drive through fields instead. They also believe that it should be compulsory in law for Ozzy Osborne to receive a knighthood.

And their suggestion about the weekend newspapers - which are on average the size of a small country each - is a definitive vote-winner. They say "How about paying a price for the 'Basic Broadsheet Package', that of the main newspaper on its own, and then a small top-up charge for those newspaper supplements that you will actually read, and leave the other supplements on the shelf to remain available to those interested in them?".

Well, it's more sensible than any LibDem manifesto I've ever seen...
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Well, it's more sensible than any LibDem manifesto I've ever seen...

:yeees: Sometimes StarGalaxy, I agree with you... on this occasion no.

I did a tag cloud the other day of the MRLP's website... one of the top words was purple :lol:
    Xx
    Nice Curves
    A government agency will be set up to paint contour lines on to hills and colour roads the same as on maps. This will help people know where they are.

LOL LOL

And the tractor/wheelie bin ideas do actually sound quite good. Ban tractors from the roads, especially during rush hour.