Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do I Need Help?????????????????????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do i need help i have self harmed for years and my ammily hate me driving me mad please give advice:crying:

Comments

• Options
    You can get help from a dr -can you make an appointment? Or, do you go to school -perhpas there is a nice teacher you could talk to, and a friend.
  • Options
    re

Hey cherrylolliepop,

Sorry to here you having a tough time of it. Please feel free to have a look around the site for info on self harm and help you can get.

Self harm is a coping mechanism often used to alleviate stress or feel in control again, does any of this sound familiar to you?

Has something happened at home? please feel share whats happening for you here.:wave:
  • Options
    Hiya, sorry to hear your feeling so low, why do you feel that your family hate you?
    I don't know much about self harm but i am sure you will soon get lots of advice from the friendly people on here, have a look at some of the threads about self harming they may help you, there are some intresting ones on using ice etc and marking with pens instead of cutting, i know everyone is diffrent but some of the advice might help you.
    Just keep talking it really can help.
    Good luck x
  • Options
    hmm you could try contacting a helpline or try and see why your family hate you

also you could try and keep your hands busy to prevent you from self harm

try destructing something you don't mind breaking like a plastic toy or something like smashing it against the wall but not too hard you don't want to damage the wall or have your mum hearing you

destruction is better than self harm because you will put yourself in hospital and also is still give you that calm effect afterwards

try going on a field where nobody can hear your and screem as loud as you can for ages that makes you feel calm afterwards

try taking a couple of deep breaths that makes you feel calm afterwards

try taking a long nap with your wartman on that makes you feel calm afterwards

also you may not think it but if you go in a quiet room with your friends and ask for advice the quietness of the room is also calm

when you hear a fuzzy sound then you are 100% calm and you can stop using the method your using to keep yourself calm

hope that helped

PM me for advice

cheer up:)