Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumbing down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://thepeoplepolicies.co.uk/
I saw an advert in the Metro for "the People's Policies" on Yahoo. A chance for the general public to submit a policy for the electorate to vote on. Great I thought. Except for one problem. Each "policy" can only be 30 characters in length. That's not even enough to construct a sentence, never mind a properly thought-out and costed policy. The result is a page full of mindless headlines like "fill in the potholes" and "spend more money on the NHS".
Come on Yahoo, let us have a side of A4! or at least a paragraph.

Comments

• Options
    A policy in 30 characters? Let's see...

Burn Labour politicians on stake.

That comes up to 33 characters.

Cunts.
  • Options
    SG, who do you want to win the election?
    Xx
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »

Cunts.

Burn Labor pliticians on stke.

30 ;)
  • Options
    The very effective 'Fuck the fucking Tories' only takes 22 characters including the spaces. What seems to be the problem? :confused:
  • Options
    Just seen one that says "Ban Knives On Streets"

WTF?

Isn't that illegal already?
  • Options
    SG, who do you want to win the election?
    Xx
    None of the main parties deserves to win it. They're all proven vermin and charlatans in my eyes.

The moment the libertarian movement gains more ground in this country, I might just vote again. Til then, I ain't interested.
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems pretty pathetic to me. At number 95 with 81.41% Yay is "Cap footballers pay" ffs. WTF are they going to learn from this? People want good healthcare and schools? Jesus Christ, what a revelation.

The BNP will be gutted. I'm down to the 100th policy and there's still no "Send the buggers back."

ETA: 107th is "50% tax for footballers," which is also already the case. Although there seem to be some rather dodgy rules around "image rights" that allows them to dodge taxes, that I'd be keen to close down.

ETA2: "End anti white racism wordwide" :D Probably a BNP supporter given the content and the spelling.
  • Options
    None of the main parties deserves to win it. They're all proven vermin and charlatans in my eyes.

The moment the libertarian movement gains more ground in this country, I might just vote again. Til then, I ain't interested.

Are you going to spoil your ballot paper or just not vote though?

I don't get why people just don't vote... I mean I'd love to be able to have my say on the country. I tried to bribe my dad into voting for the party I think should be in charge of the country, but apparently he's going to spoil his ballot paper by shitting on it :yeees: He does my head in sometimes.
    Xx
  • Options
    I tried to bribe my dad into voting for the party I think should be in charge of the country, but apparently he's going to spoil his ballot paper by shitting on it :yeees: He does my head in sometimes.
    Xx

Yeah! Way to stick it to the kindly grey-haired pensioners volunteering at the polling station :thumb:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    The very effective 'Fuck the fucking Tories' only takes 22 characters including the spaces. What seems to be the problem? :confused:

Good luck trying to find someone to fuck Ann Widdecombe :naughty:
    MoK wrote: »
    Just seen one that says "Ban Knives On Streets"

WTF?

Isn't that illegal already?

Can't say as I'm surprised. I still see politicians saying we need a "UK Border Force", depite the existence of the UK Border Agency. People should check whether their policy hasn't already been implemented before putting finger to keyboard.
    At number 95 with 81.41% Yay is "Cap footballers pay" ffs.
    Typical of the attitude of some people: "The government should do something!" even when its not the government's job.
  • Options
    Are you going to spoil your ballot paper or just not vote though?
    That's largely irrespective, as both actions will have the same effect.

People will vote when you give them something they believe is worth voting for. Until then, the mass apathy will continue.
  • Options

Cunts.

Burn politicians at the stake

• Options
    That's largely irrespective, as both actions will have the same effect.

People will vote when you give them something they believe is worth voting for. Until then, the mass apathy will continue.

But surely, spoiling your ballot paper shows you don't agree with any of the parties, where as not voting may make it seem like you don't care about the state of the country?
    Different things, in my mind anyway.
    Xx
  • Options
    Vote how? Vote now, vote MrG!

• Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Vote how? Vote now, vote MrG!

Mr-G-5716369.jpg
    Mr. G from summer heights high

Xx