Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Serious Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Serious advice needed
I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends, you don't know them".

I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

Anyway, I have never approached her about this. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.

I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into the garage or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
    that was brilliant.

:lol:
    if this forum had rep points I would give you as many as I could. I didn't even make it all the way through the original post before thinking "oh here we go, yet another post in the wrong forum..." but then I read the responses and took a second look. Well done!:thumb:
    That took me too long to register wtf just happened, but when I did, I giggled.
    Awesome.
    That's made me laugh, and after yesterday's news that's an accomplishment.
    Glad to be of service guys & gals...have a good day..
    Haha, excellent, well done :)
    Nominee for POTW :-)
    :d
    :lol: Made me laugh.
    Xx
    I'm sorry to hear that Rich. It's always difficult when something you care about and have invested time in, like marriage, but more importantly a car - starts to show the signs of no longer being everything it was in the past.

There are people out there who are able to help. If you'd like to look into repairing the damage yourself then Google has a few website with good suggestions. Take a look at some of these sites -

http://www.thebugshop.org/bsfqrust.htm
    http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/cars/msg0721182520019.html?6
    http://www.helium.com/items/685831-how-to-fix-rust-spots-on-a-car

However, if you do want to look for professional help then a service like Halfords would be a good starting. Maybe look around for local services or ask friends who they use. Getting that kind of local knowledge should help you pick a garage that you can trust and get a good price from.

I hope it works out okay, let's hope you manage to save it and keep her running for many years to come.

:p
    Sounds like you have been taken for a ride.
    :thumb:

POTW
    There is a Halfords in Brazil??? ;)
    Teagan wrote: »
    There is a Halfords in Brazil??? ;)

There are many wonderful entities here in Brazil, wonders to behold - but sadly there are no halfords, my life is somehow less complete. There are however C&A's, and I saw a Woolworths in Munich last year...a long way from home, maybe he was kicked out by the BNP.