Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best movie quote??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What is your favourite movie quote??
For me it has to be from trainspotting, love that film epic

Chose life.Chose a job.Chose a career.Choose a family.Choose a fucking big television.Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and eletrical tin openers.Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance.Choose a fixed rate mortgage payments.Choose a starter home.Choose your friends.Choose leisurewear and matching luggage.Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a sunday morning.Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable hime, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your Future.
Choose Life.

I love that film
whats your favourite quote>
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just read my signiture... Bill and Ted = BEST MOVIE EVER.

Probably my fave bit is from the first one (excellent adventure)
    Bill: He's dead?
    Mr. Ryan: So, Bill, what you're telling me, essentially, is that Napoleon was a short dead dude.
    Bill: Well, yeah.
    Ted: You totally blew it, dude.
    Mr. Ryan: Ted, stand up.
    Ted: Stand up?
    Mr. Ryan: Yes, son. Stand up.
    [Ted stands]
    Mr. Ryan: Now, who was Joan of Arc?
    Ted: [pauses] Noah's Wife?
    [laughter, then bell]

Xx
    "Rock-a-hula" (Lilo from Lilo & Stitch)
    'You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'
    ~The Italian Job

I :heart: that film
    "Get these motherf**king snakes of this motherf**king plane."
    You're killing me smalls!
    why dont you just light your tampon and blow your box apart, cos its the only bang youre ever gonna get sweetheart

priscilla queen of the desert
    'I see you shudder in an-tici-.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................PATION.'

Dr. Frankenfurter.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    'I see you shudder in an-tici-.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................PATION.'

Dr. Frankenfurter.

:yippe: :yippe:
    And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning
    Rocky horror is ftw!
    Xx
    Bit long to be called a quote, but one of my favourite monologues -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nrvMNf-HEg
    Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
    Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
    [laughs]
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
    Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
    Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
    Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
    Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
    Henry Hill: Jus...
    Tommy DeVito: What?
    Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
    Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
    Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
    Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.
    Hamlet, Act II, Scene II from Withnail & I. Very emotional and with a harrowing beauty that encapsulates the whole film.

Or the toe speech from Lebowski.
    SassyLulu wrote: »
    And so many from anchorman but particular mention to:

"60% of the time it works, every time." :D

I haven't even seen the film, and I think that's brilliant.

And not really a line, but I think this is genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU

I think the whole Big Kahuna Burger scene in Pulp Fiction has to get a mention.
    The cage scene from Lock, Stock.

Plank: "He shot me!"
    Dog: "Well shoot em back!"

John: "AH! I've been shot!"
    Dog: "I don't believe this could everyone stop getting shot? You tart It's a fucking air rifle!"

And basicly the whole of V for Vendetta, my favorite being:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. - The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. - Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."