Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Loud music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Before posting... I accept that I'm going to sound like someone's boring granny :p

For the last 4/5 days a house near me has been playing loud chavish music in the afternoons. First I thought they might just be having a BBQ or something to enjoy the weather but it seems that its become a regular thing.

I can't really sit outside because the music is so horrible and inside, even when I've got all the windows shut, I can still hear it and the bass just vibrates through my ears, and ergh my head. I know I could just listen to music myself (and usually I would...) but I'm trying to revise and its just proving really hard to concentrate. [Note to self: Tomorrow I will be buying earplugs]

I live in detached houses in a quiet part of town (mostly retired couples or working couples without kids) and so this is a bit weird. Their garden doesn't even back on to mine... its a few houses to the side, which means it must be even louder for other people.

So... anything I could do?

If I wasn't feeling quite so stressed and grumpy, I'd probably stick it out. It just really sucks :grump:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well... other than telling your local police or going to their house... you could buy a calm music CD (Like, whale songs or something...) and put it on your ipod/mp3/4 player and listen to that an revise? It wont be too distracting, and you wont have to listen to the chav rubbish :p
    Xx
    Environmental Health people at the council should sort it out, give the council a call.
    They sorted it out for me, and then when I found out that the people upstairs were actually tennants and not home owners, their landlord kicked them out in the end :P
    Coool thanks guys, will give them a call tomorrow (if the music starts up again) :yes:
    Have you actually been round there yet to ask them to turn it down?
    Yeah, I'd do that first if you haven't already. When I lived in a flat the people above us used to play music really loud and we could hear it clearly in our living room (I wouldn't have minded so much but it was really bad music...Michael Bolton, Celine Dion and so on) To be fair to them though when we went up and asked them to turn it down they would. Occasionally they asked us to turn ours down too and we never minded because they were polite about it.
    Get a notepad, and write down times of when it starts, when it ends, duration, dates etc.
    Thanks people.

I've been out most of today and yesterday so don't know whats been happening, but its off now (despite it being sunny outside) so its looking OK :thumb:

And in answer to the people who said just go round... I couldn't tell whose house it was coming from - the way the houses are arranged there are trees between the alleyway at the side of my house and the back of their gardens, so you can't see across.

Seems to have sorted now anyway. :)