Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which cunt came up with this idea?

Labour, as we know, are absolutely desperate to win this general election. So I was aware that they'd go to some extremes to achieve this. To say these people are the lowest of the low is to be extremely kind.

Now they're sending out cards to cancer victims saying they're more likely to die under a Conservative government. I shit you not.

Do these people not seriously understand how disgusting a claim that is? How exactly did they get the personal information in the first place? As ever, the Labour spokesweasel isn't telling. Oh, and one more thing. Are they the slightest bit ashamed about the fact that one of these leaflets was sent to a woman who had already died from breast cancer? Her husband must have been over the fucking moon when he saw this, musn't he?

Utter, utter cunts.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If true, I want to know where they got the information.
  • Options
    Although some Tories are scoring well in the "bad taste" stakes with some of their own leaflets too
  • Options
    Although I agree that sending out those leaflets was really wrong.... it is the Conservatives' plans that really worry me.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Although some Tories are scoring well in the "bad taste" stakes with some of their own leaflets too

Ha ha ha, I love how the leaflet wants to reduce police red tape, while at the same time complaining about cautions
  • Options
    Up until this weekend, I did think that it was fairly even battle between NuLab and Tory. With the Tories' promise of £150/tax break for married couples (which is rather not-with-the-times) and this article, it's remains a tough call. (sorry - had to edit post, due to a misreading)
  • Options
    If true, I want to know where they got the information.

To be fair Labour are saying they didn't send it to cancer victims, but as part of a general mailout to people on their mailing list (some of which may have cancer, but frankly there's no reason that detail would be on anyone's mailing list).
  • Options
    To be fair Labour are saying they didn't send it to cancer victims, but as part of a general mailout to people on their mailing list (some of which may have cancer, but frankly there's no reason that detail would be on anyone's mailing list).

That's what I was thinking. I don't know how they would know that someone had cancer... apart from a breach of confidentiality and no party is that stupid, surely?
  • Options
    The whole thing has descended into a cheap, US style popularity contest with what appears to be a race to see who can smear the other side faster.

Sick of the entire thing, boh parties are as bad as each other. If a wannabe politician can't score points based on their own policies and instead has to try and make the other side look bad, then I'm afraid they're not worth a vote.

The whole thing can be reduced down to

"Vote for us because we're not quite as bad as the other side".
  • Options
    Although I agree that sending out those leaflets was really wrong.... it is the Conservatives' plans that really worry me.

i agree
  • Options
    Of course, if we're talking misuse of personal information, then this is a little worrying.
  • Options
    Dear oh dear oh dear. Pointing out that violent crime has gone up under Labour is certainly a fair point, but this goes completely over the top. Whoever authorised this leaflet has clearly got all the intellectual skills of a boiled potato.

I predict a record low turnout at this general election. Who fancies wagering otherwise?
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    The whole thing can be reduced down to

"Vote for us because we're not quite as bad as the other side".

*agreed* - it's the 1995 Blur vs Oasis hype all over again. Same media coverage... just 15 years later :-/
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Dear oh dear oh dear. Pointing out that violent crime has gone up under Labour is certainly a fair point, but this goes completely over the top. Whoever authorised this leaflet has clearly got all the intellectual skills of a boiled potato.

I predict a record low turnout at this general election. Who fancies wagering otherwise?

i'm laying a bet on the BNP for dagenham and rainham :(

least i get something back for being highly pessimistic and cynical
  • Options
    i'm laying a bet on the BNP for dagenham and rainham :(
    They're pretty safe odds, so you wouldn't get much for that.

Neither will the people of Dagenham either, come to think of it.