Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What a tit!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im under political persecution etc, my family is in danger. Shouldnt the first priority be to get myself and the family safe, not get as much money as I can out of the system?
  • Options
    You made the presumption that people come to England because of benefits, I questioned that by citing other possible reasons, you say something about money again, interesting.
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    We do have limits as to who we let in.

If what you're concerned with is people scrounging off the system, rather than race, can we kick out all the white British people who were born here who scrounge off the system rather than working? Send them overseas somewhere? God knows there are plenty of them about.

Big Gay makes a very important point about the need to distinguish between asylum seekers and economic immigrants though. They are two very distinct cases.

Agreed. There are many millions more white british people who claim off the system than there are immigrants, many of whom come to this country to work, and end up doing the jobs that we Brits don't want to do.

Working in meat processing plants and on the fields picking veg are 2 that spring to mind.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    What makes me wonder, is why, if people are in dure need of help and asylum, do because they travel all through europe, its presumably because of our fantastic benefits system.

I dont blame people for wanting the best for their families and children, but wouldnt it make sense, and be cheaper for them to claim asylum from some other country. Instead of having such a long journey, including over water, just to get all the way here?

they dont just come here. absolutely loads of countries take asylum seekers. We should take our fair share too
  • Options
    they dont just come here. absolutely loads of countries take asylum seekers. We should take our fair share too

Aye, France for one I believe have an enourmous amount of asylum seekers.
  • Options
    generally most refugees go to the nearest safe country, but many more have to travel further as places get overcrowded.
  • Options
    generally most refugees go to the nearest safe country, but many more have to travel further as places get overcrowded.

Also it isn't excatly quick for them I don't think, it's not like a refugee in africa suddently goes to london directly, generally, I believe (may be wrong) they spend several months, if not years moving from place to place..