Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who Should You Vote For?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lyric wrote: »
    Because I'm sick of all the immigrants.

Oh do fuck off.
    I am though.
    I am though.

What immigrants and why are you sick of them?
    The ones by mine. And because they think they own the place, they slow our country down, take our jobs, drain our benefits and they stink.
    The ones by mine. And because they think they own the place, they slow our country down, take our jobs, drain our benefits and they stink.

:rolleyes:

Absolute fuckwit you are.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Absolute fuckwit you are.

:yes: Agreed.
    Lyric, seriously? BNP? Do you even understand what they do?
    The green party are pretty much the opposite of BNP, so if you agree with the green party policies you clearly don't agree with those of the BNP!

I'd just like to add this:
    Lyric, if a man comes running up to you in the street... and he has been abused, and he asks you for help or else he will die. What do you do? Do you just let him go and die?
    I know I wouldn't.
    Because, what is the difference between him and those people so DESPERATE to leave their country, that they will cling on to the underside of lorries to get here? They are so desperate to leave their country, because if they stay there they will be killed.

Yes, maybe they aren't British. But what is British? I know that if you go far enough back in your family tree, you will find someone not from Britain. One of my great grand-dads was Hungarian, and further back than that I have a lot of French people in my family.
    Xx

Do you read the Daily Mail :chin:?

I'll let you know something, lyric. The jobs that these immigrants are 'stealing' from us are ones that you would never want to do. If I could be bothered I'd go looking for that programme where they put a whole load of English people who were on JSA into jobs that immigrants were doing. Half of them didn't show up and the others moaned about how omghard it was. Maybe one or two of them actually tried to get on with it and appreciated the chance they were getting.

At the McDonalds I used to work at it was about 50% immigrants and for the most part they worked harder and appreciated the opportunity of work much more than the snotty little just-left-school kids.

way to make everyone think youre a cunt, as well as thick and self obsessed eh?
    lyric are you a troll? seriously...
    lyric are you a troll? seriously...

My thoughts too :yeees:
    Xx
    troll
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    What immigrants and why are you sick of them?

They all have big boobs.
    geneve wrote: »
    Coming from a smelly chain smoker who wants to have a baby on benefits instead of getting a job.

Ah, but she was born here so has the right to be a scumbag.
    Well she's very much welcome to the UK. It's idiots like her, and perhaps more specifically her parents who have probably put these ideas into her head, that are the drain on society today. They're as bad as the spineless government that allows it to happen. And I doubt it'll change all that much whatever party wins, so I'd rather be an immigrant myself elsewhere!

Wow now that i definately disagree with, unfortunately in order to be able to look out for the people that require the help benefits give them, we're always gonna get some arseholes looking to exploit the system, but i'd much rather live in a country that looks after those who need it, and doesn't say "well this has been exploited, so no one gets it"
    Wow now that i definately disagree with, unfortunately in order to be able to look out for the people that require the help benefits give them, we're always gonna get some arseholes looking to exploit the system, but i'd much rather live in a country that looks after those who need it, and doesn't say "well this has been exploited, so no one gets it"

:yes:
    Xx

Er....didn't you tell us in another of your threads that your entire family live off benefits, and cheats the system?

Or is it ok to do that if you have white skin?
    jamelia wrote: »
    Er....didn't you tell us in another of your threads that your entire family live off benefits, and cheats the system?

Or is it ok to do that if you have white skin?
    *claps*
    Not really informative, I've always said I support at least some things from all parties, I couldn't support a single party whole-heartedly (and I don't see how people can). I'm still voting Lib Dem though. I wasn't paying much attention to the thing anyway.

UKIP: 33.33%
    Conservatives: 11.11%
    Labour: 11.11%
    Green Party: 11.11%
    BNP: 33.33%

Crime: UKIP
    Democracy: Conservatives
    Economy: Labour
    Education: Green Party
    Environment: BNP
    Europe: UKIP
    Health / NHS: BNP
    Immigration: UKIP
    Welfare: BNP
    Just to clarify - racism isn't acceptable on TheSite.org boards. We'll take that matter up with Lyric. However I'd also point out that if people think that the only people in the UK who are racists are people making it up to troll then they've got a very rosy picture of the political map of the UK right now.
    I got Labour 60%, green + lib dem 20% each, but I'll be voting lib dem since I'm in York Outer which is a marginal seat.

Thats the advantage of being a student - able to choose where to vote depending on how close it is. Democracy eh?

edit: also I class myself as a moderate
    From a self centered view, it's the party that says this that gets my vote
    "But we still have a lot to do before Britain is a truly fair country for LGBT people. There are still battles to fight – getting full marriage rights for gay couples and reviewing the blanket ban on blood donations by gay men. Above all, we must tackle homophobic bullying – which scars pupils’ lives throughout the country. At the moment, only 6% of schools have specific policies to deal with this – this just isn’t good enough.

"We also need to do more to tackle homophobic and transgender violence and to give victims the right support – which we will do, as well as stamping out homophobic language among a minority of police officers with a zero-tolerance approach. We’ll make sure that gay and lesbian refugees are never again deported to countries where they face persecution. And, because diversity in politics remains hugely important to me, Liberal Democrats are also working to make sure the LGBT community is better represented in parliament with our “Out to Win” campaign.

"I honestly wish none of this was a party-political issue; it would be far better if all parties were united in their determination to achieve full equality for the LGBT community. [...]

[...] In my view, every school must have policies in place to counter homophobic bullying. And that means that, when the subject comes up, teachers should make it clear that homosexuality is both normal and harmless. Every child, gay and straight, has a right to that reassurance, and politicians should be unambiguous in making sure they get it.
    I'm moving to a country that hasn't screwed up beyond repair and puts massive emphasis on avoiding people getting into a situation where they need help in the first place.

Where is this utopia?
    Well, I got 44% Green which wasn't a great surprise to me. A little more surprising was the 22% Tory but not too surprising considering my rather Tory-centric upbringing.

I'll be voting Green as I always have, despite the objections from my family (they see it as a wasted vote but I live in Norwich South which has a massive Green following, so you never know. Hopefully we'll oust Charles Clarke!)
    Coming from a smelly chain smoker who wants to have a baby on benefits instead of getting a job.

I'm not a smelly chain smoker :') I don't chain smoke..
    And I do have a job.
    And I'm not pregnant.
    :yes: Agreed.
    Lyric, seriously? BNP? Do you even understand what they do?
    The green party are pretty much the opposite of BNP, so if you agree with the green party policies you clearly don't agree with those of the BNP!

I'd just like to add this:
    Lyric, if a man comes running up to you in the street... and he has been abused, and he asks you for help or else he will die. What do you do? Do you just let him go and die?
    I know I wouldn't.
    Because, what is the difference between him and those people so DESPERATE to leave their country, that they will cling on to the underside of lorries to get here? They are so desperate to leave their country, because if they stay there they will be killed.

Yes, maybe they aren't British. But what is British? I know that if you go far enough back in your family tree, you will find someone not from Britain. One of my great grand-dads was Hungarian, and further back than that I have a lot of French people in my family.
    Xx
    I only had a single teacher in my primary education who pointed this out so I guess if people don't read on their own or don't take classes in university that cover these things, they can't even know what form of government they live under.
    That new national service (residential and community work) that the conservatives have suggested, and as backed by Michael Caine, swinging me towards voting blue.
    Really this is now starting to come down to two choices:

1. Vote for the conservatives, for a conservative majority government
    2. Vote for anyone else (preferably lib dem or labour), for a lib-lab coalition
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey :wave:

Have just come across a UK Youth Parliament election microsite that some of you might find useful.

http://www.ukyouthparliament.org.uk/ge2010

:thumb: