Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Channel 4's Comedy Gala

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone watch it last night?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yep, though I think it would have been better with less comedians and keeping them on longer, it all seemed rather rushed. And I was dissapointed lee evans didn't use any new material.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree. I don't like these programmes where everyone does about 3 minutes. I'd much rather just go an watch a 90 minute show by one comedian.
  • Options
    Yea I saw it, I liked Michael McIntyre's bit and a couple of others but it was all very quick.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Yep, though I think it would have been better with less comedians and keeping them on longer, it all seemed rather rushed. And I was dissapointed lee evans didn't use any new material.

Totally agree, as soon as I started getting use to them they had to go! And Lee was a real big dissapointment, was looking forward to him the most! But Michael Mcintyre was my favourite! Was Kinda dissapointed by Bill Bailey to...
  • Options
    I've seen worse, but the theme seemed to be quanity over quality. Too many cooks, that kind of thing metaphorically speaking.
  • Options
    I thought Rich Hall was the best out of the ones I saw, but I don't think anyone was doing original material. Which is a shame considering that they only had to write a few minutes of stuff. I came in at the end of Noel Fielding's set. The Frank Skinner gig that was on Channel 4 afterwards was far better.
  • Options
    i missed it, my boyfriend said it was good. is it a series?
  • Options
    No, it was just a charity gig. I don't even know what the charity was, which shows how effective it was.
  • Options
    The Frank Skinner gig that was on Channel 4 afterwards was far better.

Agreed. Way funnier.
  • Options
    No, it was just a charity gig. I don't even know what the charity was, which shows how effective it was.

Great Ormon street Hospital :)