Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

HAHA! Way to put us off...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    BA not every child has the same ideas as you.

Generally most children hate being told what to do, and when told what to do will rebel, just part of being a child/teen imo
    BA not every child has the same ideas as you.

I wish I could bring you into school :yeees: It'd be show and tell "Hey guys, here a lady who is insane enough to think we'll behave just cos' the women that shoved us out her fadge says we should!"

I don't know a single child in my year who thinks like you do Geneve, and if they ever do they keep a low profile [in other words, they are a nerd]
    Xx
    Ooooooh I get it. You're one of those people who mock those who enjoy achieving things in life?

Erm no.

And, what? I can't achive things? You really are starting to piss me off. Can you like.. not post in my threads unless you are going to be helpful? I am top set for every subject, the only reason I don't do normal lessons is because I tried to kill myself. I am the highest grade I can be in every subject (cept art and DT, I'm shit at them) So, I think I am achiving.
    Erm no.

And, what? I can't achive things? You really are starting to piss me off. Can you like.. not post in my threads unless you are going to be helpful? I am top set for every subject, the only reason I don't do normal lessons is because I tried to kill myself. I am the highest grade I can be in every subject (cept art and DT, I'm shit at them) So, I think I am achiving.

:O this could never be as it does not fit in with geneves black and white view of the world
    Geneve, I am blocking you, so post away I wont be able to see it.

And Nerd kids, as they are called, do not go to my school. Trust me on this one, it's not a posh school. I went then because it's not a posh school. I was going to a boarding, but I didn't want to because of all the stuck up posh twats, and you share most of their views!
    Xx
    geneve- you seem to be getting a lot of people's backs up today. the way you want to live your life isnt always the way other people wish to live theirs. it's obvious your direct (if that is the right word for it??) way of giving advice isn't working for some people. personally i think you can be quite brutal in some of your responses. i think if you took this into account you'd get a lot less hostile responses from others.
    Hey, easy on BA - I'm an nerd, and I don't think like geneve, and I'm insulted by you suggesting it.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Hey, easy on BA - I'm an nerd, and I don't think like geneve, and I'm insulted by you suggesting it.

What did I suggest?
    Xx
    I feel sorry for the kids of this generation. Kids can't be kids anymore, we seem to have an obligation to teach them about sex, drugs, money from very young ages.
    Just thought id add to this whole thread thingy.
    Advice on "Meow meow" Seems far to late and far to silly.

It's a legal drug, that still carries dangers, which i think most people avoid. I'm in my last year of school, and i'm one of the stereo typical "Back of the class kids".

I mess about in lesson, i barely do work, i drive teachers up the wall. I'm a fairly bright kid though, i'm switched on about drugs/sex etc, and i've seen and experienced most things. I'm on course to get a range of A* to C grades at GCSE's. I'm in a normal kind of school, free state school.

They tought me all the things about drugs i could ever want to know, this was in year 6, which was a perfect time, as most of us where just opening our eyes to the real world.

But this didn't stop me from smoking, i started in year 9. And i enjoy it, but i've taken that step to say, i know this is killing me, but it's my choice. It hasn't stopped me from smoking pot, but i know limits, the laws and how to do it safely.

If it wern't for sex ed and free condoms, i probably would have something nasty or kids, either way that worked very well too.

Kids are going to use drugs, teach them to do it safely.
    Kids are going to have sex, teach them to do it safely.

It worked for me, and many people i know. BA is completely right, these days most kids smoke, most kids do drugs, drink and fuck a lot. It's just you need to tell them how to do it right and not die. Without the stuff school has done, i believe that, some people wouldn't be here today and some people would have kids. Some would be locked up etc.

I think geneve has a fairly, head in the clouds kind of attitude, things aren't the way they were before. They are much different, children and schools and everything is becomming much more toxic. Peoples childhoods are, well being shortened dramatically, it's the new era. You need to understand, if you have kids, this is what they will most likely experience, just prepare them.

And i'm like what 16 in a month, and i've this opinion... I know my parents, childhoods lasted well into their teens, not seeing the things i've done. It's the way the world is now, its horrible.

Just my 2 cents.
    And Nerd kids, as they are called, do not go to my school. Trust me on this one, it's not a posh school. I went then because it's not a posh school. I was going to a boarding, but I didn't want to because of all the stuck up posh twats, and you share most of their views!
    Xx
    I don't agree with a lot of Geneve's closed-minded opinions on this subject, but your post above is unfair. Being 'posh' doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not kids take drugs - you wouldn't believe the amount of coked-up idiots there are at a lot of good schools. And being a 'nerd', well you might think that's enough to deserve abuse at the moment, but when you're older you'll see this attitude is nothing more than bullying. You can disagree with someone's views without making it a personal issue.
    Maybe your defination of Nerd and Posh are different to mine?
    I come from a posh family... a very posh family... and they are completly how I've just described. My grandad is racist, sexist, homophobic, with more money than sense. He went to school with Andrew Loyd Weber, and my mum and aunt and uncle went grew up in the 'rich' bit of London, and all went to rediculously expensive schools.
    That is my definition of posh.
    And, I don't call people "nerds" I don't bully people! Why the fuck would I do that, when I've grown up being bullied?
    Xx
    Just thought id add to this whole thread thingy.
    Advice on "Meow meow" Seems far to late and far to silly.

It's a legal drug, that still carries dangers, which i think most people avoid. I'm in my last year of school, and i'm one of the stereo typical "Back of the class kids".

I mess about in lesson, i barely do work, i drive teachers up the wall. I'm a fairly bright kid though, i'm switched on about drugs/sex etc, and i've seen and experienced most things. I'm on course to get a range of A* to C grades at GCSE's. I'm in a normal kind of school, free state school.

They tought me all the things about drugs i could ever want to know, this was in year 6, which was a perfect time, as most of us where just opening our eyes to the real world.

But this didn't stop me from smoking, i started in year 9. And i enjoy it, but i've taken that step to say, i know this is killing me, but it's my choice. It hasn't stopped me from smoking pot, but i know limits, the laws and how to do it safely.

If it wern't for sex ed and free condoms, i probably would have something nasty or kids, either way that worked very well too.

Kids are going to use drugs, teach them to do it safely.
    Kids are going to have sex, teach them to do it safely.

It worked for me, and many people i know. BA is completely right, these days most kids smoke, most kids do drugs, drink and fuck a lot. It's just you need to tell them how to do it right and not die. Without the stuff school has done, i believe that, some people wouldn't be here today and some people would have kids. Some would be locked up etc.

I think geneve has a fairly, head in the clouds kind of attitude, things aren't the way they were before. They are much different, children and schools and everything is becomming much more toxic. Peoples childhoods are, well being shortened dramatically, it's the new era. You need to understand, if you have kids, this is what they will most likely experience, just prepare them.

And i'm like what 16 in a month, and i've this opinion... I know my parents, childhoods lasted well into their teens, not seeing the things i've done. It's the way the world is now, its horrible.

Just my 2 cents.

:yes: spot on from my opinion.
    katralla wrote: »
    Heroin's quite a complicated one, I think heroin was introduced to get people off methadone and/or other opiates, and then heroin became the street drug, which they then banned. Something like that.

Other way round really. Heroin was first produced many years before methadone, it was first tried as a way of getting people of morphine of all drugs - strangely enough it wasn't successful.

Methadone is used as a substitute for heroin because it has a longer half life and is therefore less sharply up and down in terms of the high. The problem is that many users find it 'boring' so they mix it with benzos and other drugs which increases the chances of harm.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Opium used to be legal - Sherlock Holmes used to smoke it, and we went to war with China because they didn't want us to sell it to them in exchange for tea

Heroin was Bayer's brand name for diamorphine - which is widely in use in medicine

The stories insinuate that Sherlock Holmes used cocaine in solution (the 7% solution) but do not suggest he used opium.

When opium was legal most people drank it not smoked it.

Heroin is still widely used by the NHS, although it is banned in the US as having no medical use.
    Ooooooh I get it. You're one of those people who mock those who enjoy achieving things in life?

I hope if you get older you can think back to that and try to understand what that does to them and what you get out of it.

I understand your attitude, and you are right people don't need to use drugs for recreational use. However that isn't really the point, humans throughout time have used intoxicants. The only society that we can find without them were in the arctic circle and they didn't actually have access to any.

I share your concern over young people using drugs, and frankly I don't think it is a good idea for anyone under 18 to use drugs such as methadrone. Where we differ is how we try and reduce the harm from drug use. Governments throughout the world have tried the 'just say no' line, and its been a almost total failure. We need to focus on reducing the harm, not directly on reducing the number of people using drugs. To do that we need to legally regulate most of the drugs which are currently illegal so we can have some control.
    Just adding my thoughts.

People - kids and adults alike - are going to take drugs, whether it's due to peer pressure, rebellion, curiosity or because they've been brought up with drugs around them. And I agree that the best way to tell kids about drugs (and sex) is to tell them the goods and bads about it all.

I don't really remember any drug ed classes in school. And sex ed was only in one year, for a few weeks (one class a week) and we were far too immature. IMO, it should be every year - hammered into our brains so people aren't getting pregnant, STDs etc, and know about the dangers of drugs.

I'm not one to take drugs myself, never have, have never wanted to. But I know a lot of people who do (smoke weed mainly) and because it is SO available, kids are going to try it.

An honest educational approach is the best way forward about it all.
    Why has this drug only suddenly started killing people?
    MrG wrote: »

I'd also like to know this :lol: People have been using it for years! Why is it now becoming a problem?
    Xx
    It didn't have such a silly name before, meow meow iindeed!
    Is that a rhetorical question?

I think the answer is two-fold: 1, more people are taking it and also more people are taking it in large amounts and/or with other substances; 2, the media is only recently aware of mephedrone, and whereas deaths may have previously occured and gone un-noticed, it is now in hysteria red-alert mode in attributing any possible deaths to mephedrone and giving it maximum coverage.

It's very difficult to really ascertain much useful information or evidence from the bullshit media coverage at the moment.
    Well Eric Carlin has resigned from the drugs advisory over the banning of mephadrone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8601000/8601448.stm
    katralla wrote: »
    Heroin's quite a complicated one, I think heroin was introduced to get people off methadone and/or other opiates, and then heroin became the street drug, which they then banned. Something like that.

Does your leaflet say any health concerns from taking Meow or... just don't do it or you'll die?

That is very wrong and so wrong wrong it's fucking scary in this day and age of so called education Kat.
    Meow Meow

Everytime you do Mephedrone, a kitty gets killed. :hyper: :shocking:
    Geneve, I am blocking you, so post away I wont be able to see it.

Xx

am i a stuck up posh twat?! :p

i think there's probably more drugs/smoking/alcohol amongst the boarders at school than a day school tbh. i'd say more than half of us smoke, and almost everybody drinks.

geneve - most every extracurricular activity except netball/hockey teams etc cost money, and if you're not a particularly good player, organised sport is hideously intimidating

I think the real question is, why are we having it shoved down our throats by the media all of a sudden?

And it's usually cause the government is up to something, and wants to distract us with an irrelevant bit of good, old-fashioned public outrage :thumb:
    Kaff wrote: »
    I think the real question is, why are we having it shoved down our throats by the media all of a sudden?

And it's usually cause the government is up to something, and wants to distract us with an irrelevant bit of good, old-fashioned public outrage :thumb:
    Probably to make it easier to push other drugs in the future to banned status with a bit of "look what Mephadrone done!"?

Virtually all the deaths reported haven't as yet been directly linked to the use of mephadrone. Having said that this probably is a drug (like nearly all drugs) which can kill people, and given lots more a using it its hardly surprising that the death rate has risen. But there are only about a dozen deaths even linked to its use and apparently hundreds of thousands are using it which suggests its hasn't got a very high immediate health risk.
    Kaff wrote: »

Or is it the right wing media trying to make the government weak in order to encourage the sheep to vote for Camerlon.
    I remember in school we were given these detailed booklets. We used them like menu's to work out what we were going to try next. Those were the days. :D