Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"what am i doing it for?"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have you had or having a situation where you ask yourself, "what am i doing it for?"; regarding something specific or life in general? how did you deal with it? i ask because im again at one of those moments and i dont know i suppose that is why im here

Comments

• Options
    I often have a "what is the point" moment.
    I think it is good to write down all the pros and cons of whatever situation you are in... say it's writing an essay that you don't want to. You might write things on the pros like "It'll help me in the future" but on the cons it might say something like "It takes along time."
    So... yeah, that might help you :)
    Xx
  • Options
    Yep, mostly involving getting over my ex I had a sudden realisation one day when I thought, what am I doing this for? Spending weeks crying my eyes and being depressed over some twat who couldnt give a second thought about me.

Like B-A says though depending on the situation you do need to stop and think if its worth carrying on with what your doing or stop and do something else
  • Options
    Something that seems to make one of my mates perk up whenever they get a moment like this, is when I remind them of the fact that the reason you were born is because *you* are the strongest sperm, the most efficient and resiliant and hard working sperm out of a count of over 2 million that would have been trying to get into the egg. Now doesn't that make you feel special? (or at least giggle when you think of sex? :razz: )
  • Options
    but for me that just makes me feel bad, all those sperm that got beaten by the really stupid one :p, lol, must have been one lucky guy to beat those others