Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I just...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
...got back from watching Dylan Moran. :D In a small 400 seater theatre, for just £12. Feel free to be jealous. It was mainly the stuff off his latest DVD, but he was trying out a few new things too. Absolutely outstanding.

Anyway, is anyone a fan of live comedy? Who have you seen?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw him last year - can't remember what month but around mid-year I think. But he was great. Not a fan of his dvds tbh, I barely laugh, but I was in stitches at his live show.

Also saw Ed Byrne like a month later when he was here. Brill but lost a bit of respect when I youtubed and saw reused stuff from years ago he'd used the night he performed for us.
    And Bill Bailey Oct 2008. Fantastic.

I really, really want to see Ross Noble.
    very jealous!!

so far stewart lee :heart: almost made me pee my pants, simon amstell not as great but worth some chuckles, frankie boyle EURGH EURGH i got the tickets for an ex as a present and went along with him, talk about self sacrifice, jimmy carr, he's okay but he was pretty much a pin dot at the bottom of the arena so i just watched him on a screen..like a big tv..
    Can someone please explain the appeal of Michael McIntyre? I just don't get it.
    I'm supposed to check him up. Lady at work finds him funniest man ever. Personally, I think Ross Noble is.
    If you think that screaming and shouting and really, really obvious, banal and fun-for-all-the-family observational remarks makes for good comedy then I guess he is. Don't see it myself.
    Meh, it's worked for Lee Evans for years. I think he's obviously a talented comedian, but his material is a bit boring and middle-of-the-road as you say.
    so far stewart lee :heart: almost made me pee my pants.

He's next on my list of people I'm desperate to see. Watching Shappi Khorsandi, Jon Richardson and Stewart Francis in May though. Should be good.
    ohhh do it! he was wonderful. lying on the stage at one point talking to himself :heart:
    I've got the DVD he did in Scotland, with the bit about William Wallace being gay and Gaelic meaning "the language of gays." I think that clip is called "Identity" on Youtube, and is one of the best bits of stand up I've ever seen.
    ohh yeah i have that on dvd :) 'as a scotch man myself...' proper wind up merchant! is that with the 9/11 introduction and the party poppers?
    Yeah, the 9th November. :D
    reclaim the calender!
    If you think that screaming and shouting and really, really obvious, banal and fun-for-all-the-family observational remarks makes for good comedy then I guess he is. Don't see it myself.

I tried to watch a clip on youtube and just did not like it. I wasn't paying full attention, but he seems cocky and really irritating. I'll try another clip tomorrow but I don't think I like him.
    I saw Dylan Moran on the first night of his last tour. He lives in Edinburgh, so we got an extended mediation on how it was weird to have a crowd that could potentially contain people who sell him packets of crisps at 3am every Saturday morning.

Seen tons of people during the festivals. I think the best act I saw last time was Richard Herring. Hitler Mustache is a very funny show. Went to see Jerry Sadowitz at the very end of the festival; he is a very angry man. But funny.
    I went to see Lee Evans latest tour and hes just simply the funniest man alive.

Now got tickets booked to see Russel Howard in feb :thumb:

All i need now are tickets for John Bishop and ill be a happy man :hyper: