Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eviction Notice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have been made aware that my neighbour is being served with an eviction notice in afew days. Apparently there have been things going on which I was oblivious too, like him playing loud music, attacking another neighbour and making threats including forcing himself into their house. The police have been involved and the landlord notified hence the eviction notice. He doesn't pay his own rent or bills or anything, he has previous convictions and the Salvation Army pay his rent etc.

What I want to know is what does this actually mean? He has threatened all sorts to another neighbour and I don't want to get caught up in all this.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For you, it means not much, unless you have some emotional attachement to the neighbour, for them, it means they will have to leave at some point, although they can drag theprocess out for a little while. Are you worried about them, how this will affect you, or a bit of both?
    I'm worried about what they will do. They threatened to burn the property down and apparently have a very violent past including using firearms. My other neighbour made me aware of everything earlier as a warning as she is concerned as well.
    Sorry, I don't really have any advise but, I hope things get resolved without involving you at all.

Have a plan. Know what you will do if anything happens, if you can get out -where will you go, to a friend's or similar. If you are 'trapped' in your house, plan who you will phone, perhaps pigs for safety and a family member for emotional support.
    geneve wrote: »
    Perhaps a good time to test your smoke detectors?

lol, that's what my mum said! Got the in-laws visiting for easter so all we need is trouble kicking off.
    Forget the eviction. Given what you said here Angelbabe, I strongly feel that an arrest is in order. This is clearly abuse of the Salvation Army's money.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Forget the eviction. Given what you said here Angelbabe, I strongly feel that an arrest is in order. This is clearly abuse of the Salvation Army's money.

I did think this myself, like would they just move him elsewhere or will they wash their hands of him? Not very charitable but surely they have rules about who they will support and who they won't!