Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Change

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just to let ya'll know, I'm going on the waiting list for counselling. Might not be for ages, like summer, but I'm going to get help.

I spent last night thinking about how fucked up things are getting, and to be honest, I can't live like this. If I stay like this I'm going to end up dead, either by my own hand or by the stuff I do. And, I was thinking, how differnt things can be. I might not like it, but I've realised that I've just been so... so stupid and immature. So, I'm going to try and sort myself out, one step at a time. I don't feel the need to stop everything completly, but I know now that I don't need to do everything now. I'm not old enough to get a job, so I'm not ready to be a mum. I'm not old enough to buy drinks, or fags, so I know I have to cut down on how much I have.
And, I know I got to aim higher than I am aiming now. I have asked my community leader at school if I can go back into full timetable, but he says he doesn't know If I'm ready yet. So, yeah I have to work towards that right now.

I'm going to try my best. No promises you know? But I guess you could say my eyes have opened, and I can finally see what needs to change.
Xx

Comments

• Options
    :thumb:

Really pleased to see such a positive thread from you and well done for not giving up.
  • Options
    Really well done for making a start and if you focus on one little bit at a time, it will all eventually fall nto place, good luck! xx
  • Options
    re

Hey broken angel :) ,

Well done you!!What a courageous and realistic attitude. Change does take time and wont be easy but determination and want is half the battle.

We are if you need us through this journey so please let us know how your doing and take care:wave:
  • Options
    Yay good on you BA :) I hope it goes well for you! My friend was really resilient to counselling to begin with, but after a while she found it really helped.
  • Options
    Hey BA its great to hear such a positive attitude from you, im so pleased that you are able to see a brighter future and i know you have the strength to work towards it.
    Everyone here is behind you cause we all love you x
  • Options
    :heart: Thanks for the positive comments guys.
    Oh, also, just to let everyone know... Pretty much everyone knows I'm bi now (apart from my mum) A few people have a problem with it, but they can get fucked as far as I'm concerned :yes:
    My mum doesn't know, but I'm going to leave that until I start seriously dating girls.
    Also.... I did four out of five lessons today, and went to school for the whole day :yippe:
    Xx
  • Options
    :heart: Thanks for the positive comments guys.
    Oh, also, just to let everyone know... Pretty much everyone knows I'm bi now (apart from my mum) A few people have a problem with it, but they can get fucked as far as I'm concerned :yes:
    My mum doesn't know, but I'm going to leave that until I start seriously dating girls.
    Also.... I did four out of five lessons today, and went to school for the whole day :yippe:
    Xx

:yippe: :heart:
  • Options
    :thumb: Sound's like a real break through Broken Angel, well done. :D
  • Options
    :) Well thats really good new hope it all goes well for you and GOOD LUCK:)
  • Options
    TBH Geneve, I've got bigger fish to fry right now other than writing some little plan.
    As I said in my first post, I hopefully am going into counselling, and my school are looking at increasing my time table. I don't like rules, rules are made to be broken, so writing a plan wont help me.
    I'm just gonna go most of it alone I reckon, it's easier for me that way. I don't like involving my friends in all my shit. Tis a nice idea though, I just think it might work better for someone else :)
    Xx
  • Options
    TBH Geneve, I've got bigger fish to fry right now other than writing some little plan.
    As I said in my first post, I hopefully am going into counselling, and my school are looking at increasing my time table. I don't like rules, rules are made to be broken, so writing a plan wont help me.
    I'm just gonna go most of it alone I reckon, it's easier for me that way. I don't like involving my friends in all my shit. Tis a nice idea though, I just think it might work better for someone else :)
    Xx

To be honest... I don't think you should dismiss the idea of a plan quite so quickly.... A plan isn't about rules... its about breaking something up into steps to reach a goal, or just get further towards a point you want to be at.

So... you've mentioned cutting down on drinking and smoking. Its really hard just to be like "Right.. from now on I'm down to x cigarettes a day". Perhaps a plan could help you break this quite big task up into smaller stages. And then completing them could help you to feel in control of yourself and your actions.

You said yourself that counselling could be a bit of a wait... so could you think of other steps you could make now to improve your situation? For example (Ok this is from your other thread - but I think these things are all linked) you could make an appointment at the clinic to check on those things.

Finally, you've said you want counselling. What do you want to get out of counselling? Might be worth having a think about that, so when it starts you know what you want from it.
  • Options
    TBH, I am taking this one step at a time. First things first: Stop selfharming.
    I am doing that with the support of my mentor so it's cool :) I'll get to the rest of it when I get to it.
    Xx
  • Options
    OK well thats good then. Just remember... stopping self-harming is a massive thing in itself, and I don't know... it might be more helpful to think about "moving away from self-harm", less pressure when things get tough.
  • Options
    Maybe a full written plan works for you, in which case great, and thanks for suggesting it, but let's just assume that people know what works for them - unless they're asking about why their way isn't working.

Well done BA, you've got a long-term direction, and a next step. That sounds like as much as a plan as you need.