Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unhappy at home.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm so unhappy at home and when something gets better, something else happens :(
There's so many little things and I feel like it's taking over my life sometimes. I've cried every day for the past week. I think the main problem is my dad but there are many things which are upsetting me. One of the main ones at the moment being the fact they are taking a holiday next week and coming back the day before my birthday, and I'm not going with them, leaving me no choice but to stay at my grandad's which I hate and I won't be able to make any birthday plans and I'll be bored out of my mind. They couldn't have picked a worse time.. I've got my birthday and my birthday party to plan and they want to just jet off and leave me in the lurch.
I cry myself to sleep every night because I hate living here.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Positivity

Hi

It sometimes seems that things won't ever go right for us, but if we kep thinking positive, things will turn for you, am sure..

Keep bright and take the time whilst your on your own to relax and enjoy yourself..

It will get better..

VM
    What do I do about the whole holiday thing?
    why do you have to go to your grandad's place because they are going away?

you are 17/18 aren't you? you are old enough to stay at home alone.
    What's your grandad like? I didn't get on with my grandma when I was younger, then I found a way to talk to her by finding some coomon ground, a mutual interest or two. After which I really got on with her, until she died :(

moral is, maybe you can find a way to have fun with your grandad? Perhaps you should make an effort with him a little too, he won't be around for ever. Planning your birthday party isn't actually as important as family, even though it may feel like it right now.
    katralla wrote: »
    he won't be around for ever.

:yes:

i only ever had one grandparent, my grandad. i loved him so so much and then he just suddenly died.

i still miss him loads now, 7 years on.

you should make the most of the time you have left with him :yes:
    unless he's a complete twat of course but, it's worth finding out...
    yeah, whats your grandad like lyric?

and why can't you stay at home whilst your parents are away?
    why do you have to go to your grandad's place because they are going away?

you are 17/18 aren't you? you are old enough to stay at home alone.

They won't let me.