Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Another poem by B-A

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A broken bit of glass
A rusted razor blade
One more cut
One more bleeding vain
Another shattered hope
Another long lost dream
A final fractured promise
Left behind for memories

A cut will leave a scar
A scar that will not heal
On the outside it may go away
On the inside it will stay
Another painful remind
Another agonizing day
A moment of aching
Etched into your being

A smashed vodka bottle
A needle with infections
One more road not to go down
One more area to be cordoned off
Another trickling tear
Another troubled night
A final bitter sweet
Kiss goodbye.

Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally, I don't care much for dark, emo-style poetry. I like poetry that edifies and teaches me something new about how I look at the world and life, rather than something that is so morbidly introspective.

But having said that, I think your use of language is good! :)
    I don't do happy poems ;) I can write poems like that in a few minuetes, that took about 5.
    But happy poems take me yyyeeeaaarrrsss to write. They are much harder :p
    Xx
    Well, I think that perhaps your current poetry is just a 'snapshot' of this stage of your life.

Regardless of your level of personal maturity, your body is undergoing physical and psychological changes that cannot avoided, whether you like it or not. So your thoughts about how you fit into your family, your social life, your society, or even your anguish over being head over heels in unrequited love etc, are all signs of a young person growing up.

You can probably imagine that as a gay boy, I was deeply unhappy and confused about myself for a few years because I didn't know why I felt the way I did - and didn't know how to fit into the world and had some very dark thoughts myself.

Fortunately, things do get better and you'll probably look back on your poetry one day in the future and think, "Wow! What was THAT all about?". Most of us go through a dark stage during or around our teen years but I can assure you that you will be happier one day. *hugs* :):heart:
    Thanks Teagan, it's nice to come home and read something like that :) Made me smile :heart:
    Xx