Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Seriously, Fulham?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Algerian/French existentialist writer Albert Camus said that all he knew about life and morality came from football.
    HOW THE FUCK did you get to support leeds if you live in sussex?
    Xx

My mum's side of the family are from Leeds and Wakefield. Although she doesn't give two shits about football, most of her family are Leeds supporters. My grandad being one of them... he used to have a season ticket at Elland road and he was taking me to games there since I was about 4, whenever we went up to visit them.
    I have followed them ever since, through the good times and the bad. My loyalty has never faltered. I always make sure I go to see them play whenever they come down to Brighton, and most other southern clubs, and occaisionally make the trip up north to watch a game at Elland road.
    I'll be at uni in Leeds in September, and yes, I'm rinsing my student loan on a season ticket.

THAT is how the fuck I support Leeds but am from Sussex.
    Ah makes sense :p I was thinking it's a bit random, I mean, normally if someone chooses a team far away from them it's like one of the top four. Glory supports ya know :p
    But yeah, if you're from there makes sense :lol:
    Xx
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I always make sure I go to see them play whenever they come down to Brighton.

Talking of Brighton, why can't the fans say Brighton? It sounds like "Bwighton". And Charlton fans aren't "northerners" - this is what they were calling them when a friend took me to see Charlton v Brighton. He was not happy - especially when I said that to me (I usually live in Plymouth - am in London for uni) anything above Ivybridge is up north.:lol:
    God, anywhere is north from Brighton.
    I live just outside Brighton, but am from Nottingham. I have an accent, and if I had a quid for everytime some Brighton/Southern kid goes "So, what country is Nottingham in?" I would have... about 30 quid :p
    Xx
    How Arsenal escaped a mauling last night I will never know. Nice to see Lionel Messi living up to all the hype in Europe as usual...

Most importantly though, Fulham take on the German champions Wolfsburg tonight and I will be there. After thrashing Juventus a couple of weeks ago, anything is possible down by the river.
    Omg, I know TS! I was so nervous last night, I felt sick and I was almost crying... But fuck. We scraped through... just.

Dreading tuesday though :nervous:
    Xx
    Melian wrote: »
    Not everyone supports their local team - I support Man City and haven't ever set foot there.

:yes:
    Melian wrote: »
    Not everyone supports their local team - I support Man City and haven't ever set foot there.

That's probably a good idea though...