Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Royal Fail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The last package I received had been opened! The contents were still inside it when it arrived in my letterbox but, it had blatantly been ripped open for someone to have a nosey, no chance the rip had been caused by careless handling.

Bastards.

Comments

• Options
    katralla wrote: »
    The last package I received had been opened! The contents were still inside it when it arrived in my letterbox but, it had blatantly been ripped open for someone to have a nosey, no chance the rip had been caused by careless handling.

Bastards.

maybe they had to check it for bombs or something? i doubt they just fancied a peek.
  • Options
    Na, they just fancied a peek. They can check packages, and when they do, they put the contents in a plastic bag with a note in it. This was just left opened...

I've had a package with a massive dildo in it opened before, but they at least had the decency to put it in a plastic bag with a note.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Na, they just fancied a peek. They can check packages, and when they do, they put the contents in a plastic bag with a note in it. This was just left opened...

I've had a package with a massive dildo in it opened before, but they at least had the decency to put it in a plastic bag with a note.

maybe it was cats..?

i dunno, i'd hate to have someone look thorugh my parcel!
  • Options
    Royal mail = :mad:

Our postman leaves packages in random places, but then doesn't bother to put one of the red cards through your door, so days later you find one in the back garden that's practially papier mache cause it's been raining so hard. Then he broke our letterbox shoving something through. Oh, and they randomly decide whether they want to redirect our redirected post or not.

Just :mad:
  • Options
    My mum recieved her Mothers Day card yesterday which I posted on Friday 12 :thumb:
  • Options
    birthdyas are the worst, like when you get opened cards -no, there wasn't a tenner in there theif!
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Then he broke our letterbox shoving something through.

This ^^ is wrong.

This is the way it should be.

'My postman broke my box by shoving his big package in it.'

Royal Mail are just fucking twats. I'd say every week we get a letter for someone else with teh same house number (but different road). Parcels just left lying by the door. Recorded/registered letters just put through my slot.
  • Options
    i don't trust royal mail at all anymore after working for them.

i ALWAYS send everything special delivery now because i don't trust that it will get to its destination otherwise.

i got really annoyed at my postman yesterday for putting my parcel behind my wheelie bin where someone could EASILY have seen it and taken it.
  • Options
    My daughter's DSi was left in our back garden, that would have been a shitty christmas if it'd been stolen or got rained on!
  • Options
    yeah, there should be some rule about NOT leaving our parcels outside tbh.
  • Options
    i think i must be the only person in the whole world who has never had a problem with royal mail. i send out loads of parcels through online selling and never had one gone missing, or one thats been sent to me gone missing either.

also i feel i should stand up for RM as my boyfs a postman :thumb: and would never go through someones mail!
  • Options
    I dont think we have ever had a problem with our postman, hes a gem. If we arnt in and theres a parcel he wont let it sitting there on the garden, he will take it back so we can pick it up from the post office.....even though the 25 minute journey is abit annoying, but i'd rather our packages keept somewhere safe, rather than left where anyone can take it! And I dont think we recieved anything late, or anything wrongly delivered.

The only problem i've had is i've sent a pair of shoes from an online sale, next day delivery, it didnt get to the person a week later, but i was sending the shoes to a very remote part of scotland....
  • Options
    The postman we have is terrible - we get stuff for people who live in different blocks. Now, my eyesight isn't that good; but does the letter B really look like a C? And does "02" really look like "20"?:confused:
  • Options
    My biggest complaint is when they put a card through the door saying you weren't in. I caught him once, he'd not actually brought the parcel.
  • Options
    Same as FF, I've never had a problem with them leaving parcels in random places or anything, they always leave a note and take it back to the sorting office place.

However I will say that their phone system is shit. I tried ringing couple of weeks ago to ask about a package that had gone missing (turns out it was the sellera fault not Royal Mail), and all i got was answer phone message saying if i left my details they would call back and i never did.

Might start taking blah's advice and always send stuff Special Delivery.
  • Options
    Last year I needed to get the name on my driving license changed urgently for something after getting married. After rushing around to get the form done and posted first class to DVLA that afternoon, and sending it off recorded delivery (due to the fact it contained my original mariage certificate and both parts of my driving license) the next morning it got posted through MY letterbox!!! (I was asked at the post office to write my address on the back of the envelope and had done this clearly under the words 'SENDER' on the BACK of the envelope).

I was out and my hubby rang to tell me, I was fuming and went straight home and marched it down to the post office and gave them a piece of my mind. All they could do was blame it on the postman for not checking it properly. It was lucky my hubby was in as I was gonna be out all day so would have missed the post for that day and then it wouldn't have gone for another 2 days as it was a saturday. so much for sending something a) first class and b) recorded delivery, it had been posted through my letterbox as normal post. :mad:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not royal mail (as I live in a different country etc) but it was a daily occurence at work to find mail for other numbers on the same street. I used to deliver them to the right place myself, with notes on them that they should complain.
    Then they started bringing letters that were for different streets but same number, and then some with no relation at all, like they were doing it as a joke.
    One morning I confronted the mailman and since then it's rare for that to happen. Last time it did, I put the envelope where he'd see it next day and wrote on it (trying to be as sarcastic as possible) "Delivered to the wrong address; the correct one is written here --->".
  • Options
    also i feel i should stand up for RM as my boyfs a postman :thumb: and would never go through someones mail!

Our previous post lady was brilliant, so I know they exist! But in my experience they're not the majority.

The postman at my parents' refuses to enter their property anymore because of their 'vicious dog', and they've had to put an american style postbox at the gate. This is their dog:

2199538748_cd345a736f.jpg

:chin:
  • Options
    aww! and he'd bring you free bog roll :D
  • Options
    The postman ripped open the envelope in which was my mothers day card. It was fine tho, because he corrected the orthography and grammar =)

I didn't quite like the "P.S. Are you seeing someone at the mo? :naughty: " he added, tho :(
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    The postman ripped open the envelope in which was my mothers day card. It was fine tho, because he corrected the orthography and grammar =)

I didn't quite like the "P.S. Are you seeing someone at the mo? :naughty: " he added, tho :(

oh matt :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The postman at my parents' refuses to enter their property anymore because of their 'vicious dog'
    That reminds me of a time I ordered a pizza, and it hadn't arrived an hour later. I called the restaurant, they called the pizza guy and called me back to say that he couldn't enter because he was afraid the neighbour's dog would jump over the fence.
  • Options
    Our previous post lady was brilliant, so I know they exist! But in my experience they're not the majority.

The postman at my parents' refuses to enter their property anymore because of their 'vicious dog', and they've had to put an american style postbox at the gate. This is their dog:

2199538748_cd345a736f.jpg

:chin:

I'm terrified!

What do you british folk have for the mailmen to put the mail in?
  • Options
    It goes straight through a hole in the door!
  • Options
    :yes:

pd1137901.jpg
  • Options
    My parents postman is amazing. They've had the same one for 15 years now. Recently there was the wrong postcode on something, the wrong streetname, but the right number, so the letter had my name on it, but a nearby address. The postie recognised the mistake and delivered it to my parents. If he has something that won't fit in the letterbox and my mum isn't in he finishes his round then COMES BACK to deliver it.

He also once rescued my twin sisters when they were about 2 and decided that running out of the front door into the snow completely naked was a good idea. Mr Postie recognised them, caught them and brought them back. He's a star :)
  • Options
    Yea my postie delivers stuff to our house with the wrong address on and everything cos he recognises our name. We have been living here for about 16 years though, I couldnt tell you how many postmen thats been though!
  • Options
    We once had something delivered to us intended for someone in Enfield - the firsdt line of the address was the same; but the post code nad city name (parents live in Plymouth) wasn't.
  • Options
    After reading all of these posts, I think it's luck of the draw, depending on where you live. The same applies to courier companies. My experience with RM has generally been good. In 10 years, I had one item damaged which involved me having to refund an eBayer, and one item that took 3 months to arrive (me being the eBayer), although it was a USA auction.