Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Methadrone/Mephadrone?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The mistake people make is that meow is pure, whereas pills or coke will be cut with something. Therefore, you probably need to do a lot less to get the initial effects.

After about 30 minutes, the 'rush' wears off, and you just want more more more.
    The effects carry on for ages though, more than anything, it's a stimulant. Whenever I take it, I just can't stay still, and yeah, it's also a truth serum :) This stuff can keep you awake and wanting to party for 12 hours, even when the fizzy feeling goes :)

Thing is, I have seen some people have really really bad experiences on it, but these have been people who don't usually take drugs and have blitzed loads expecting it to be safe because it's legal. Methadrone is everywhere, and it's attracting people who wouldn't touch any other drugs. That's the danger with it.

I won't stop taking it because of some people have died though. Maybe just be careful on what I take. It's very moorish, so limiting access to it by taking less out with me seems sensible...
    they cant stop it.........
    The mistake people make is that meow is pure, whereas pills or coke will be cut with something.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing what you get is pure, unless you have some sent to a lab for testing, or develop a quantitative home test for methadrone.
    Out of interests I asked a colleague yesterday who also works within schools if he'd had any issues with it. A long with some pastoral staff who chimed in none of us (touch wood) have had any issues in our schools with it yet.
    Do the news stories not put people off?

It seems the people who have died so far have been mixing it but lets face it, most people mix when they do drugs. I'm glad this mephedrone wasn't around in my clubbing days coz it sounds pretty harsh.
    well i guess i mean more dangerous to your health, i was thinking of the story about people livers being destroyed from drinking and snorting cocaine cos a chemical called 'cocaethanol' forms in their livers from both substances being in their blood which is highly toxic and causes problems so bad they liver transplants in their 30s.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote: »
    Do the news stories not put people off?

Over the top reporting on ecstasy was just as bad - if not worse.
    You still took it.

There was a big campaign after Leah Betts died with her picture on billboards with the word SORTED underneath. Didn't stop people taking it.
    I remember seeing people with T shirts printed with the same picture but instead the text on the front read 'Leah Betts died from one pill', and on the back it read 'LIGHTWEIGHT'.
    Weekender Offender 
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Meow-meow-drug-teen-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html

I know I know, it's the Sun, but still check it out for the wow factor.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Meow-meow-drug-teen-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html

I heard about this before I took it and i can safely say my balls are still in tact!
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

Yeah, but didn't you see what the source was. A contributor to a forum. Nothing about it being independantly checked, nobody officially knows anything about it.

Its like me saying that after too much beer I once puked on the prime minister during a visit to London. I can't believe people lap this shit up.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Yeah, but didn't you see what the source was. A contributor to a forum. Nothing about it being independantly checked, nobody officially knows anything about it.

Its like me saying that after too much beer I once puked on the prime minister during a visit to London. I can't believe people lap this shit up.
    I'm not saying it was true. I'm saying the wow factor as in more bullshit to come from the Sun. If you've read any of my posts, you would clearly know I wouldn't believe that shit unless I saw it with my own eyes.
    Overreaction

I have taken Mephedrone numerous times, and I will admit that this drug is dangerous although nowhere near as much as the media have suggested. Your body temperature fluctuates, increased heart rate, and reception to stimuli are all effects as well as dry lips ad hands are after effects. Also when on large amounts of 'Meph' some very scary hallucinations have occurred, but will only happen once before you know your limits. Personally I believed that 2 of my neibours were trying to kill be and that the water from my taps was aid that was eating its way through my hands and mouth, not pleasant. Also I have no Idea of the long term effects although I doubt they are positive.

But when it comes down to it this is a 'safe' drug with few risks as long as you use common sense or have someone else there who does. And as I a sure most of you agree, banning this drug will make it far more dangerous, especially as at the moment there is very little opportunity for dealers to mess with it, all they do is make a profit bagging and selling it at 4am.
    i got arrested with a load off it just under a ounce n they gonna give it back to me lol, but i personaly think this is alot safer than mdma n the rest ov the class a, i dont see n e thing rong with selling it, u got more chances from dying from eating a snickers bar n thats a fact mr brown,
    i think its in our nature to experement n to b honest if my kids a gonna grow up n say take drugs then id prefer it to b bubble cuz i dont think its no where as bad as some of the ecstacy tabz iv taken, u can function in the morning, i have seen my mate have a epeleptic fit cuz he had taken to much ampthetamine, i can sleep on bubble and i can eat, i have been selling it for 5 months now n it has that same sort of moreishness as crack i think, but if u bomb half a g then its like a nice buzz that last me 3 hours, i dont recamend snorting,
    gre3k wrote: »
    i personaly think this is alot safer than mdma n the rest ov the class a,

I doubt it's any safer than MDMA at all.
    Certainly isn't more damaging to your body than class A's such as LSD, Psilocybin and heroin.
    gre3k wrote: »
    u got more chances from dying from eating a snickers bar n thats a fact mr brown,

It's not as simpl eas that. There are very little facts about it. That's the problem. And most people with nut allergies know that they have one, and can take precautionary measures to avoid nuts. Not enough is know about this drug to know how to take it safely.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    I doubt it's any safer than MDMA at all.
    Certainly isn't more damaging to your body than class A's such as LSD, Psilocybin and heroin.

LSD, Psilocybin and heroin when pure are all none harmfull to the body? mephedrone is a CNS(cardio) stimulant and pumps blood round therefore IS more damaging?
    LSD, Psilocybin and heroin when pure are all none harmfull to the body? mephedrone is a CNS(cardio) stimulant and pumps blood round therefore IS more damaging?

thats what i meant innit. typo
    Weekender Offender 
    advice

Hello Tony,

Can I ask what is xanax,
    We normally take 5htp and that seems to help with the come down,

Many thanks,

Nick
    As to Mephedrone. It is very cheap and easy to get which quickly becomes a novelity and people get attached to doing it often. It's easy to buy small bulk (25g-50g) and only pay as little as £5/g on it then sell it locally and start hitting it yourself, before you know it, you are doing it every day and it's f**king with your health.

I've used MMCAT for over a year or two now. I've had largish amounts too. I only ever use it when I go out, which is usually every 2 weeks. It takes self control.

The high is very nice. Snorted it lasts about 40 minutes and bombed it's 2 hours+.

Always start with very small amounts before commiting to a bomb. Oral dose would be 150mg-250mg, I would never recommend doing more unless you are experienced. There was a vendor selling capsules of 400mg-600mg!! Lucky he took them down.

I've always kept a sesh to about 1g. I don't get any comedown really, I normally go home pop Xanax and wake up feeling alittle bit tired or drained which is to be expected. I don't get any negitive side effects, maybe I'll get an ulcer or two a day or so later.

Too many people are hammering it too much which is sad.

People thinking of tryng this should goto Drugs-Forum and read the side effects database as some people have very serious side effects from small amounts.
    newbe looking to ask questions

Hello everyone,

Please can you help this newbe,
    I have a few questions that I would like help with,
    As even at my age I want to have new experiences,

1.. what would be the correct doseage for mephdrone?
    2..would it be the same as the info I have gained on this site for bk-mdma,
    3..can the two be mixed/ and if so what would be the result?

Many thanks
    NickyN wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Please can you help this newbe,
    I have a few questions that I would like help with,
    As even at my age I want to have new experiences,

1.. what would be the correct doseage for mephdrone?
    2..would it be the same as the info I have gained on this site for bk-mdma,
    3..can the two be mixed/ and if so what would be the result?

Many thanks
    Xanax is the trade name for the benzodiazepene drug alprazolam.

How old are you, since you mention "at my age"?

It's quite risky to take mephedrone by itself, since there's very little good information out there about the effects. You're basically a human guinea pig. It would be even more risky to combine mephedrone with other substances, and I wouldn't advise it. If you have access to decent MDMA I would stick to that alone, since at least we know more about its toxicity compared to mephedrone (note: when I say decent MDMA, I mean tested. A lot/most of stuff going around recently is not actually MDMA but BZP, so this also needs to be considered).

If you do decide to take mephedrone, as with an other drug, start with a very low dosage. 50 mg would probably be a decent starting dose for ingesting (if you decide to snort it - bad idea - half the dose). Wait for an hour and see how you feel. This could be followed by an additional 50 mg, but make sure to leave at least an hour after your first dose.
    in my experience mephedrone leavesme feeling rougher and ticheter chested on the cardio side than mdma, as with all stimulants, really are best avoided
    Research chemicals are risky by nature, but the people taking them in the first place tend to be from a fairly small, knowledgeable group and so are more aware and careful with their use. Mephedrone has been around for a few years without causing any trouble, but now it's gone mainstream and kids are doing dangerous things with it, it just can't go on. I'm beginning to think at the moment a ban is probably the best idea. It's a shame the fun is spoiled for everyone by greedy retailers and people going overboard.
    I know this is an old thread..but please dont slate me for it.

In my area, a THIRTEEN year old girl is now permanently brain damaged after snorting 1g of mephedrone. She risks losing her life as she is in a coma and has been for two weeks. I, having never been remotely interested in drugs, cant understand why people still insist on putting their lives at risk by taking this drug. Yes it is illegal now but its still far too easy for young, vulnerable kids to get hold of it. Half the teenagers in my town are on the stuff. Its madness!
    I know this is an old thread..but please dont slate me for it.

In my area, a THIRTEEN year old girl is now permanently brain damaged after snorting 1g of mephedrone. She risks losing her life as she is in a coma and has been for two weeks. I, having never been remotely interested in drugs, cant understand why people still insist on putting their lives at risk by taking this drug. Yes it is illegal now but its still far too easy for young, vulnerable kids to get hold of it. Half the teenagers in my town are on the stuff. Its madness!

If indeed that is the case (reports of deaths caused by mephadrone are largely inaccurate) then it is because of the failure in drugs education, not really of the drug itself. If I took a handful of aspirin it would do me harm, but thanks to clear packaging and labels I know that's not a good idea.
    this drug is commonly known as meow meow/mcat or bubble at the moment,and is strongly on the polices radar due to how many people are suddenly taking it at parties etc,it's very dangerous,and has killed quite a few people recently. i used to never understand how bad it was for you,as close friends of mine used to take it on a day to day basis and i would 'rack their lines up' for them. but it's only just become class A (so i've been told) ..used to keep my friends up for days on end might i add,not nice stuff.. if i was you i'd stick to weed or something,not so riskyy ! :D xx
    If you can get hold of it - fucking snort that shit. It's cheap and well worth it. :thumb: Sorry but it's true. If you've come to preach anti-christ bullshit, then you can lick my bollocks innit.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    If you can get hold of it - fucking snort that shit. It's cheap and well worth it. :thumb: Sorry but it's true. If you've come to preach anti-christ bullshit, then you can lick my bollocks innit.

Haha god knows WHAT I was chatting about there, I was off my face last night!
    beckii(: wrote: »
    this drug is commonly known as meow meow/mcat or bubble at the moment,and is strongly on the polices radar due to how many people are suddenly taking it at parties etc,it's very dangerous,and has killed quite a few people recently. i used to never understand how bad it was for you,as close friends of mine used to take it on a day to day basis and i would 'rack their lines up' for them. but it's only just become class A (so i've been told) ..used to keep my friends up for days on end might i add,not nice stuff.. if i was you i'd stick to weed or something,not so riskyy ! :D xx

A) A lot of the reports about it being the cause of peoples deaths are misleading, and if mephadrone is involved its virtually always as part of a cocktail of drugs. Which isn't of course to say that mephadrone is safe, it isn't but the media is grossly misleading the public on the amount of evidence we have about how safe or otherwise mephadrone is.

B) Mephadrone and related chemicals are Class B, not Class A.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Haha god knows WHAT I was chatting about there, I was off my face last night!

You're a funny lad.
    methadrone

please dont take it. My brother is a good kid who only smokes weed. * weeks after taking it hes sold his furniture and everything else, lost his girl friend and son and is in grands of debt. Hes not behind the door, but thort coz it was legal it cudnt be addictive please dont take it. xxxx
    amz wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I was offered this at a recent party. I've never heard of it before, and so didn't accept it before I knew what it was about. I've tried to search erowid, but not too sure how it's spelt so it's brought up various things (but the lass who offered it prenounced it as i've spelt it.)

Anybody got any information on this? They said it was a reaearch chemical, came in crystal form and she snorted a tiny amount. Said it had a very strong come up, felt very intense like your first pill for about 20 min, but then this would subside and you'ld just feel very alert (like phet or coke) and very hard to sleep on. Oh, and they bought it legally on the net. Hmm. My friend had a little and she was absalutely fucked for about half an hour then the intense comeup/'mashedness' wavered off. Said it felt like an amazing first pill.

Anybody know anything about this? Or got a chemical name for it so i can have a proper look about it? Just interested really.

Thanks very much