Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Condition that causes problems with eye sight.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so about 3 and a half years ago I experienced some problems with my eyesight.
My eyes felt gritty and my vision went very blurred and it was very distressing.
I was given two lots of eye drops.
One to dilate my pupils and the other was a steroid.
But I cannot remember what the condition was they told me I had.
Anyone got any idea what it might be? For some reason I panic about a relapse and have a fear of losing my eyesight.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea but, I would advise you not to start lookng it up on the internet unless you are good at rationalising as internet medical searches bring up some unpleasant things.
    Don't you have your prescription papers still? YOu chould check that.
    grace wrote: »
    Don't you have your prescription papers still? YOu chould check that.

The papers don't tell you things like this.
    No idea but, I would advise you not to start lookng it up on the internet unless you are good at rationalising as internet medical searches bring up some unpleasant things.

:yes: I've sometimes looked up things as a starting point. I do have a friend who has the same condition as I do and has a website. He found on Google, parents were panicking and being told horror stories about their kids going blind later on in life - unless there's a much more serious underlying visual problems, Nystagmus doesn't lead to blindness. However, a few people are born blind.
    Melian wrote: »
    The papers don't tell you things like this.

QUOTE]

well apparently mine do, but maybe that's just cause they're all on repeat. can you not return to your gp for a check up?
    It should be on your medical records so phone your GP and ask- it would be a good idea to tell them you are worried so they can explain more to you about the condition as well.
    Sarcoidosis.
    It usually affects the lungs, liver etc and in rare cases (like mine) the eyes. Where it can cause problems like Uveitis.

I don't know why I always get myself in a fluster about things like this because it always turns out to be for nothing but I have some sort of horrible and stupid fear of going blind. And not just for the fact of not being able to see anything its just because I love reading lol.