Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wisdom teeth (pain)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soo.. I am getting a couple of my wisdom teeth. But my bottom right one you can see coming through, and it hurts. I don't have any bonjela, so is there anything else I can do to stop the pain? They've been coming through for ages, and I guess they will be for a long time still!
So, yeah, any ideas to how to stop the pain are welcome :p
Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to bite - or gum - on a pen, it would hurt while you were doing it - but I find pain I control is always easier to deal with, and because you squeeze out some of the inflammation it hurts less - for a while - when you stop.
    Are you sure they're not second molars? I dug the flesh off the top of mine with a compass point. Probably not the best avenue but... it worked for me.
    katralla wrote: »
    Are you sure they're not second molars?

That was my first thought.
    I dug the flesh off the top of mine with a compass point

Jesus Fucking Christ, katralla! Self-surgery-tastic. :D
    Brush them well and regularly. Use mouthwash lots. Gargle warm salty water.

The brushing will be uncomfortable at the time, but will reduce the pain overall.
    That was my first thought.

Jesus Fucking Christ, katralla! Self-surgery-tastic. :D

Got it over and done with...
    Nope, they are defo my wisdom teeth. I have had all the rest of my adult teeth since I was 7.
    My mum says she'll take me to the dentist if it gets worse.
    Xx
    That's quite unlikely but, if you say so.
    So.. you think I am lieing about my own teeth? right whatever. They are my wisdom teeth, they started coming through months ago then stopped. I do apolagize for getting my teeth so fucking early!
    All I wanted was some tips for pain relif! guess thats too much to ask innit. *rolls eyes*
    My wisdom teeth started coming through when I was about 15.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I used to bite - or gum - on a pen, it would hurt while you were doing it - but I find pain I control is always easier to deal with, and because you squeeze out some of the inflammation it hurts less - for a while - when you stop.

I found this too. Currently, I use bonjela.

I started getting the pain when I was 17. Just over 3 years later, adn my first tooth has come through.

Both sides too - fun.:(
    So.. you think I am lieing about my own teeth? right whatever. They are my wisdom teeth, they started coming through months ago then stopped. I do apolagize for getting my teeth so fucking early!
    All I wanted was some tips for pain relif! guess thats too much to ask innit. *rolls eyes*

Chill, maaaaaan. :D

My wisdom teeth didn't start coming through until I was twenty-four. You're just making us feel like late developers. ;)
    eeeww my mum just gave me some clove oil or something to put on it. Twas gross. And my fingers still smell of it from putting it on!! Haha xD
    Oh, and BigGay, thanks for that :) I was "gumming" my finger earlier and that helped.
    Xx
    I just had mine removed. I am a drooling bloody mess
    Did you keep them? My friend had his in his room for ages :yuck:
    Xx
    nah, but when I got home I thought "maybe I should have ..." but now I think "ew. I'm enough of a hoarder already."