Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Beatles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey, anyone else in to The Beatles, Ive been listening to them for a while since I first got the 1 album. The compilation one will all the number one hits on it :) The only other one I've brought is Revolver but I've learnt and listened quite a lot over the past few years.. Who else likes the The Beatles and 60s music?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    love them. and 60s music :) have you seen the boat that rocked? great soundtrack
  • Options
    yeah i've seen the boat that rocked, was a great soundtrack as well as a good film.
  • Options
    Yea I can get into them.

My main interest lies in 50s rock n roll and rockabilly but they were obviously greatly influenced by it (as alot of bands are) but I also love their originality.

Btw, I REALLY wanna see Nowhere Boy, the film about John Lennon... the boys in it look so yummy with their quiffs, i just love that tye of fashion!!!
  • Options
    I really liked Across the Universe- a film using songs from the beatles but i know loads of people hated it. rargh. eddie izzard is in it cmon. bono does do a great version of 'i am the walrus' too.
  • Options
    i've seen nowhere boy.. great film.. will check out 'accross the universe' not seen it, thanks clementine
  • Options
    Love the beatles! and am also a huge fan off 60's music, Magical Mystery Tour and Revolver are my two favourite albums...If you like the Beatles you should listen to the Kinks too im sure you would like them..:thumb:
  • Options
    The White album is a work of absolute genius. I could listen to that record all day.
  • Options
    the beatles :heart: i need to get more of their albums, i listen to the number 1's album in my car constantly and iv got the sgt pepper album but i know theres lots more out there to be discovered.
  • Options
    The Beatles are obviously brilliant, the whole of Revolver is just superb and other stand out albums, out of an almost flawless career, are Abbey Road, The White Album, Sgt Pepper and Let It Be.

Some people really hate the Beatles and say they were overrated, but I dont think it really matters as they wrote some absolutely amazing pop songs, as well as some really progressive and experimental music.

Genius :thumb: