Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

don't know what to think

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey,
the other day me and my bf were in his room and were just hanging out. we were just talking and somehow we just got onto the subject of how he chipped his front tooth. its only a small chip but he told me he did it kissing a girl.

for some reason, at that moment it just made me feel sick.

now i just find myself thinking how he was kissing this other girl when i see this tiny chip.

sounds really petty but i dont know why i cant get it out of my head!!

any ideas or comments to get me past this because i know its silly but cant work it out for myself :S

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That feeling of sickness could be pangs of jealousy, i think you will find that these thoughts will pass with time, is it similar to finding a love letter or photo from a previous girlfriend.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Same as what Louise said, and you cant exactly hide it away it will always be there in your face constantly reminding you.

The thing you have to remember is, yes he was with her, but he also broke up with her and is now with you. The chip could in a metaphorical way represent the break down of their relationship or something
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    The thing you have to remember is, yes he was with her, but he also broke up with her and is now with you.

:yes: This is really key. Remember that often the relationships people were in before they met us are actually a positive thing - it emphasises how attractive they are (yes, other people have fancied them too) and they've had experiences that have all added to the person we've got to know and love. It might help to think about another kiss you've had before this guy and think about what you might say to him if he was jealous about it - perhaps things like: "It's in the past and you're what matters now" or "I'd actually pretty much forgotten about that until you brought it up."

So, don't feel bad about having the reaction you had as we often can't control those gut reactions, but at the same time try not to dwell by focusing on the things you have to look forward to with this guy rather than his past. :)