Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mobile network

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy guys ++ girls :)

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good mobile network for me to go on?
I am currently on tesco... but just wondering if you know any better.
I top up £10 a month... but because I'm on tesco that turns into £30. And I spend it all with in a few days. My texts are 10p and my calls 20p a minute. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, and I text more than I do call if that makes a difference.
    Xx
    You might be better off going on to something like Vodafone and looking at their freedom packs - http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/pay-as-you-go/freedom-packs/

Or is contract an option?
    Vodafone is good :)
    I'm on contract and thats £20 a month, but like posted before, you can get the freedom packs - i got unlimited texts (3,000), and it's like if you top up £10 you get free texts from 7pm-12am on weekdays then £20 you got that + free weekends, then £30 was free texts all the time, - thats per month...

Don't know if they do that unlimited text package still cos I stopped using it in October when i got my Contract...
    £20 for unlimited texts and 300 minutes... rather good i thinks :)
    Probably one of the best options:

£10 a month for 100 mins and unlimited texts

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity
    You're wanting PAYG, right?

I'm on Orange Dolphin PAYG. 10p texts, 20p per minute for calls. If you top up £10 a month they give you 300 free texts, so that's really £10 a month for 400 texts in total. Not bad. But it looks like you are using 300 texts in a few days, so might not be great for you.

You can quite often get good bundles on contract deals, but you're tied into them for 18 months minimum and you'd need to get an adult to sign up for it.
    PAYG... Asda use the Vodafone network, and charge 8p per minute and 4p per text to all networks.

T-Mobile are quite good at the moment. Top up £10 per month and you'll get unlimited internet access and unlimited texts for the whole month after. If you don't call much, it's well worth a look. Calls are 25p per minute, I think... so that £10 per month would give you free texts and internet, and 40 minutes of calls.
    Like Jamelia, I'm with Orange. I think it's called Racoon 300. My usage is almost all calls rather than texts. I pay £15 per month for 300 inclusive minutes to any network and free anytime calls to landlines. It may not suit you, if most of your usage is texts - but Orange do some very good inclusive deals.
    Get anything on O2 and buy bolt-ons.

I'd assume you can't go contract (Which I wouldn't advise anyway) since you aren't over 18.
    Asda mobile is the cheapest on pence a minute for calls and texts sort of flat rate like but the O2 bolt on things look good if you can work out how many minutes/texts you need a month.
    Thanks guys, I'll check them out :thumb:
    Xx
    I'm on T-mobile. £30 Unlimited/Unlimited Contract with an iPhone (bought speratly) But with internet addons, and other extras it's a lot more.

But it's really easy to find a good deal on phones.

You can even get the monthly sims, which have like unlimited texts and 200 minutes, for like £15.

x
    Some do a rolling contract - so you're not tied to a contract for x months if you decide you don't like it. (or use more and your bill is getting too high)
    Yea, I'm not allowed contracts.. not sure about the rolling contracts though, I'll have to ask ma mammy :p
    Xx
    i'm not sure if this sim is still available but in nov i switched to PAYG after having a contract for yearssss. i am on t-mobile and pay £10 per month and get unlimited texts and unlimited internet. i have about forty-odd quid on my phone because i don't use it much for calls :o