Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Asking for the number after you've slept together

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So a question to both guys and girls I guess, after you've slept with someone you've just met, it wasn't a wham bam thank you ma'am, you hung around a bit and chatted a fair bit, and slept, went pretty awesomely. Then when you leave you ask for their number ... are you doing it out of courtesy, or are you really interested in another meet up? Or is it really dependent on the person?

Yes, this is about me, I had a good time with a guy, he got my number and being my :nervous: self, cause it's been more than a day and I haven't heard anything I'm like, 'um, okay, sweet as' (not really). It may be because he's just moved here and he did mention getting phone for this country next week as he still has the phone on his country's network. Yeah.

I just think I wouldn't care so much if he didn't ask for my number. Thoughts please.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe he's treating you mean, to keep you keen?

Either he'll phone next week, or he won't. don't stress about it - it was a good time, if he calls it's a bonus.
    Have you got his number? If so, why not beat him to it and give him a buzz today?

If it's only been a day that's not a huge amount of time - plus, if he's just got a phone for a foreign network calls could be extortionate, so maybe he'll wait to get that sorted. Even more reason for you to call/text him first if you don't want to wait that long. Or he could be of the school of thought that you must leave it a couple of days before calling or texting....

My boyfriend went back to mine on the first night we met (we didn't have sex but played around a bit), we swapped numbers the following morning and I think I called him the next day or the day after to arrange a date. Forwardness is the way forward :thumb: I remember when I called him it was a bad line and he couldn't hear me, so for a split second I thought he was denying all memory of meeting me, haha!

If you haven't got his number you'll have to wait and see what happens, but I wouldn't panic just yet. I hope all goes well.
    wham bam thank you ma'am

I see what you did there :razz:

On topic tho.
    I wouldn't get the number out of courtesy. Just if I'd want to hook up again or try to develop more out of it, otherwise I would leave sans number.
    Personally, if I wanted their number I would ask for it, I wouldnt do it if i never wanted to see them again so thats a good sign in itself.

Just relax, maybe he's being just as paranoid as you as waiting a couple of days so he doesnt seem needy
    Cool thanks guys. I'm not one to go with the flow easily, so I'll try be calm about it! Cheers!
    Got in touch yet?
    No not yet :(
    personally I would usually leave calling a girl back for about 5 days to a week...Just to not seem needy...hang in there im sure he will get in touch soon..:thumb: