Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I am trapped...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone.

Wow haven't been on here for a while but really need some help or advise.

Last thursday I tried to split up with my girlfriend. some of you may hav read another thread i wrote before where i had said that i didn't think i wanted the relationship anymore with my girlfriend.

It was awful because I told her when we went out for a walk and she got so upset that she punched a tree about 10times in a row and now her right had is grazed and she then lay on the path crying her eyes out. Of course I understand that she's going to be upset and I cried alot too because I have been with her for a long time and I am so used to her.

However Im in a sticky situation because she hasn't taken no for an answer, she wont let me go, she even came back with me this weekend to my mums and we slept in separate rooms and it was just really awkward but I even told her that i didnt want her coming. but she made me feel really bad because she hates going to back to where her mum and sister live so i gave in.

I have told her no so many time and she just wont listen, she keeps begging me and she wants to try again but I really don't want to. I probably sound like a really horrible person but she isnt letting me breath. I have tried going on a break with her in the past and it worked for a bit but now I have just grown out of the relationship :(

I don't know what to do because she is literally suffercating me. How can I sort this problem out because in my head we are not together anymore but she is still convinced that we are still together even though I have said no! Help :( xx

Comments

• Options
    You just have to be straight with her, just sit her down and say you are very sorry but you don't want to be with her. Tell her that, in the future, you could be friends, but right now you think that both of you need time apart.
    Good luck
    Xx
  • Options
    the thing is I have! I have told so many times but she wont listen. x
  • Options
    Think of it from her point of view: Your long term gf, who you loved very much, has just dumped you. You can't get over it, you want her back. What could the girl who dumped you say to make you realise that's it?

OH OH OH OR write her a letter. I always find letters are a very final way of saying something.
    Xx
  • Options
    ok I will try the letter thing.

thankyou brokn angel :) i will keep you posted

xx
  • Options
    The letter is a great idea. The only other thing I would add is that you have to put some distance between you. This isn't being "horrible", it is just necessary. As long as you keep giving in and allowing her to stay over at yours, she is going to believe their is hope. If you can, I would be inclined to take a bit of a holiday either on your own or with other friends - even if it is just a long weekend away over Easter. And leave your phone behind!
  • Options
    yeh another good idea thankyou for that. I may turn my phone off alot more becuse she wont stop txting me and its so difficult. xx
  • Options
    Change your number? I've done it before to get away from someone... but it is a very last resort sort of thing :thumb:
    Xx